Question What do people use for live TV?

inonefly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm just wondering what people use for live TV? I just relocated to UK and been using the streaming apps on the TV but would still want to watch live TV. Shall I get the free view box / set top box for live tv? Any recommendations would be much appreciated. Thanks

It would help if you gave the make & model number of the Tv and tell us if you've brought it with you?, if so which country? or if you've bought it in the UK?

It would help if you gave the make & model number of the Tv and tell us if you've brought it with you?, if so which country? or if you've bought it in the UK?
Hi sorry I thought most device comes with HDMI so the TV model wouldn't matter. But I bought a Hisense 65K720 in the UK so standard UK model.

In that case just get a terrestrial aerial installed, connect it to the set and you can watch live terrestrial Tv from it's built-in tuner.

In that case just get a terrestrial aerial installed, connect it to the set and you can watch live terrestrial Tv from it's built-in tuner.

Thank you, I'll do that. But I assume thats for standard live TV channels? If I were to subscript to some paid channels like Discovery, Disney etc, would I need something else? Thanks

Yes. To watch the other channels you'd need a subscriber service of some kind; Satellite (probably Sky), Cable (Virgin Media?) or Internet based. - As part of the contract they would usually include the device do decrypt/decode the signal.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom