What do people think of my proposed budget system?

pinchez

Established Member
Reaction score
This is a wife friendly no clutter budget build and my main viewing will be from Amazon Fire TV running Kodi, Netflix and Spotify etc. and a Virgin TiVo box. I've weighed up the HDR thing and on balance it's not that important, well not enough for an extra £300! I'm also hoping the YSP (Yamaha Sound Projector) sounds a little better for music than the average soundbar.

I've come up with what I think is a reasonable setup for £1250 from Richersounds.

MDA TUCANA 1200 HYBRID TV Bench £250
HISENSE 55M3300 55" 4K TV £550
Yamaha YSP 2500 Soundbar £450

The TV bench is the best I could find that will hide my AV stuff behind Glass Doors and raise the TV enough to put a Soundbar under without being in front, the oak version goes with the rest of my furniture. Both the TV and YSP get very good reviews across the Internet so I'm pretty confident they'll be OK.

If I wanted to go up a level to HDR it's going to cost me an extra £400 (650 TV & 800 YSP 2700) which I'm struggling to justify when 1080p on my old 50" LG plasma still impresses me!

Any thoughts, does it look OK?

'I'm struggling to justify when 1080p on my old 50" LG_Plasma still impresses me!' - do you actually require the New TV?

Joe

Yeah, basically I've gained my sons old room as he's moved out so I have permission from the boss to turn it into a gaming/snug/man cave and it makes more sense to put the old 50" into that room and buy a new TV for the lounge. Also just found out the new TV is due an HDR update which then again makes me think about the extra 300 for the YSP 2700 lol

I'd be wary of getting too overexcited by the latest range of three letter 'must have' acronyms - all of these new features are great if you have the room/room lighting optimised, the correct Source material and playback devices and your kit properly dialled in.

Have you viewed a range of your 'typical' viewing material on the Display you are considering - the price may be attractive, how well it handles motion, interlaced source material etc may not be!

Joe

I haven't I'm just relying on reviews etc.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom