What do people prefer

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What you guys prefer digital downloaded games or CD

I downloaded 1 digital game I like the fact it easier to start up without having disc in. But downside it worth nothing now

Digital all the way for me. Cheaper than Physical and can pre load and no messing with discs. Easily 100+ Digital games on my Xbox One.

They not always cheaper such as COD BO 3.

How you get that many I've only a 500GB HD which won't hold much. What external will this accept?

Latest COD cost me £28 as a Digital Download and I game share so it really only cost £14.
I have a 2tb Ext USB3 HDD attached.

What where did you get it for £28 pls???? That black op 3??

I believe we can only use certain externals?

I got it from Singapore. Worth reading the Foreign Store Thread and also the Xbox FAQ that is stickied as it has info on what requirements for Ext HDD's. Pretty much any USB 3 Drive can be used as long as its formatted and minimum 256gb I think.

Disc so I can sell it on when finished. Can't see the point in keeping the game when I've finished it.

Disc so I can sell it on when finished. Can't see the point in keeping the game when I've finished it.
That partly another though I had.

If you play games quick and sell on early for a decent price (such as CEX not GAME for example) it might make sense, if you get it for a good price in the first place. But if you intend keeping a while and play MP etc, or even keep until the next version comes out a yr later, then you're better off getting digital from foreign stores as the initial saving will most likely be more than the sell on cash value.

I can't really work out how to do this foreign store as I am useless at understanding wishes someone can show me simple?

100% digital. Cheaper and more convenient. I have a 3TB external drive.

I can't really work out how to do this foreign store as I am useless at understanding wishes someone can show me simple?

No. There is a whole thread dedicated to this subject. It requires you reading up on it. We're not spoon feeding you. Read through the 1st post in its entirety and come back with legitimate questions, we can help.

I went digital, all games at a push of a button, no scratched disks with my 7yr old and his XBONE.
We can both play the same game at the same time.

TBH If I were to buy a game with the intention to sell I wouldn't be buying it. I only buy games i'd want to keep.

MS were supposed to be making it so you could sell your digital title, I guess they've had second thoughts

No. There is a whole thread dedicated to this subject. It requires you reading up on it. We're not spoon feeding you. Read through the 1st post in its entirety and come back with legitimate questions, we can help.

It be harsh saying that when you don't know this medical history of the person isn't it?

Let me try if I select Singapore as country on laptop at Xbox website purchase cod there and log in. This buys the game and I get. Code sent me?

I then put this code in redeem on console or do I need alter country on console?

It be harsh saying that when you don't know this medical history of the person isn't it?

Let me try if I select Singapore as country on laptop at Xbox website purchase cod there and log in. This buys the game and I get. Code sent me?

I then put this code in redeem on console or do I need alter country on console?

This is the thread Badger was referring to. It'll answer all your questions, and explain exactly what to do to enjoy massive savings, which can go against more games to play, which in turn allows you to enjoy your XB1 even more...... Read the FAQ in the 1st post.

Buying games from foreign regions; Please read FAQ in first post!

How is someone's medical history relevant to talking about buying games from other regions? Read the thread...

[emoji106]

Dyslexic comes to mind?

Digital has been preference from launch, though on occasion I do still go for a disc copy. If it's a big budget title like Call of Duty, and I just want to blast through the campaign and be done with it for another year, then I go disc.

General rule of thumb regardless of the game - if I am likely to purchase a season pass then I see that as money I can't get back, so figure what the hell and go all-in on digital. Same applies to lengthy games, typically open-world stuff or something that I am likely to spend a large amount of time in multiplayer on.

I mainly like how quick it is to launch into a digital game, whether accepting a game invite, by voice, or pins, it's super quick.

Funnily enough even on 360 I found I would mostly jump in and out of various digital XBLA titles just for the same quick easy access, and typically leave my favourite disc game in the drive. Now, on XB1 I tend to just launch into whatever I am in the mood for.

However if these large games could magically play off the disc like the majority of 360 games, then I no doubt would have stuck with discs for most titles. As it is currently, I just see it as all digital regardless of download or disc - download gives your account the license or a disc copy needs to be inserted for license verification. Either way it's a chunk of HDD space gone and I find the former far more convenient.

I'd much rather get games digitally.

I've gone mainly digital as I don't sell my games (as I like the idea of collecting them), I like just being able to start up any game when I want and it saves on shelf space.

However I'm not 100% digital as I had to import a Puyo Puyo Tetris disc as it's not sold digitally and I have a disc of Mad Max (looking to switch it to digital when the game goes on sale).

Last edited:
Digital has been preference from launch, though on occasion I do still go for a disc copy. If it's a big budget title like Call of Duty, and I just want to blast through the campaign and be done with it for another year, then I go disc.

General rule of thumb regardless of the game - if I am likely to purchase a season pass then I see that as money I can't get back, so figure what the hell and go all-in on digital. Same applies to lengthy games, typically open-world stuff or something that I am likely to spend a large amount of time in multiplayer on.

I mainly like how quick it is to launch into a digital game, whether accepting a game invite, by voice, or pins, it's super quick.

Funnily enough even on 360 I found I would mostly jump in and out of various digital XBLA titles just for the same quick easy access, and typically leave my favourite disc game in the drive. Now, on XB1 I tend to just launch into whatever I am in the mood for.

However if these large games could magically play off the disc like the majority of 360 games, then I no doubt would have stuck with discs for most titles. As it is currently, I just see it as all digital regardless of download or disc - download gives your account the license or a disc copy needs to be inserted for license verification. Either way it's a chunk of HDD space gone and I find the former far more convenient.

Nice write up pal

Do you buy digital from other country then

Other major pluses with digital:

Sharing - can be done with mates to halve prices, or more locally with family. My son is getting an xb1 for Xmas and when I set up sharing will automatically have access to my entire XB1 library. That's great.

Covert purchases..... With digital I can spend some of my own hard earned money without the wife knowing. :D. No interrogation when a disc drops through the door anymore.

Also if you buy foreign, depending on time zones, you often have acces to the game before the UK. Plus as digital, all installs and often patches etc are done early so ready to go.

Dyslexic comes to mind?

But surely if you can make sense of this thread, and engage in conversation, you could equally do so in the other thread also???

I do try my best as like try mix in

This what I figured out. I need buy credit from the abroad store first. Then redeem those credit on the abroad store all online. Then buy the game from the same store.

When turn Xbox on it be there waiting to download without having alter anything on Xbox is this correct

After amassing a huge unplayed collection on my 360 I decided to buy/play/sell with the XB1 and it worked well for about a year then I discovered the wonders of foreign stores and purchased my first digital game from India and since then have purchased more and more digitally however I still favour disc as my broadband is very poor and a game like Halo 5 would have tied up my connection for 50+ hours compared to just popping in the disc and it being ready 30 minutes later plus depending on where you purchase you may receive it 2-3 days early, had already completed Halo 5 and sold it on before it was even released but then I only ever wanted it for the campaign, if you plan on playing a game for the forseable future then going digital is probably the best option and if you have someone to game share with that will cover half the cost it makes it even better.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom