1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I need?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by magnatom, Dec 29, 2003.

1. magnatom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

I currently have a 5.1 system set up in the lounge that consists of a Marantz SR5200 receiver, KEF eggs (original), velodyne VX10 sub, and a Tosh SD210 DVD player.

I'd like to be able to pipe stereo music from the lounge to our kitchen so I need to connect two further speakers for this purpose.

I know that the Marantz has pre-outs and I was wondering if the best method of getting decent stereo in the kitchen is to use these connected to a stereo amp?

If there is an easier (and cheaper) method of doing this but maintaining decent quality them I am open to suggestions, remembering I might want the music playing in the lounge and the kitchen at the same time.

If amp and speakers are required can anyone suggest a decent amp and speakers? Ideally want to keep this under £200 max and the speakers need to be wall mountable.

(There is no point in anyone offering me gear at the moment as I still need to pass this idea by the wife :rolleyes: :D )

Ta for the help