1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I need to transfer data to PC?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Ivesy, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Ivesy

Ivesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello! I have a Samsung E700 and my girlfriend has a Motorola V500 we've just bought from Ebay a couple of USB datacables the driver disks were missing one important thing DRIVERS! I've managed to get a hold of the correct driver but now I'm stuck as to how we can transfer data to and from our mobiles to the PC. I've tried the download links on the Samsung site but they don't work. I've downloaded PCLINK GSM but that keeps saying make sure the phone is switched off even though it is! Does anyone know where I can get the correct software from and hopefully it's idiot prroof too!

2. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    The problem could lie with the datacables. I've heard all sorts of stories regarding the cheapo ones. i.e. They don't work. What you would normally do is install the drivers first and then the software. All should work fine. You may have to shell out for another couple of cables though :(

3. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

Reserecting a bit of an old thread, but I have just bought this (well, I've just sent payment so am awaiting delivery) and was wondering if it will do the job? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Mark

4. Dubster

Dubster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Should work but as the post above said,the cable is normally the weakest link and hopefully that will work ok.
    When i had a e700 i used a infrared device and that worked perfect first time every time and was universal so it could be used with any other mobile that uses infrared.

Btw you can get all the upload download data software free from samsung.

5. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sure, from here

Will let you know if it works! Should be taking delivery this week!

Mark.