Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

What do i need to do to swap my Sky decoder?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by spudgun, Sep 14, 2005.

1. spudgun

spudgun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a problem with my sky reception at the moment, and posted a thread on here over the weekend to which i received some very helpful feedback for which i am very grateful.

One of the things that was suggested was that i try a different decoder. I've managed to get holder of a decoder from a colleague who has a spare one and was wondering if i need to do anything other than connect it all up and insert my viewing card?

I seem to have this idea that decoders and viewing cards are linked together in some way and that i may need to call Sky to link my viewing card to the new decoder. I would be grateful, therefore, if someone could enlighten me as to what i have to do.

Many thanks

Spud

2. Heinz

Heinz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Your viewing card will decrypt all channels except the Sports and Movie channels in any box without being 'paired' so, for testing purposes, stick the card in and try channel 106.

3. BDCSTENG GARETH

BDCSTENG GARETH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    You will need the phone line connected, and the card inserted. Call Sky from your mobile, and explain you need to match up a new box.

They should not question this and go through some menus with you.

Regards,

Gareth.

4. spudgun

spudgun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thank you both very much, that is very helpful :)