What do I need? Can anyone help???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by james_19742000, Oct 13, 2005.

1. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    OK here goes, not really sure what I need, but we are redecorating soon and we have a Hitachi 42PD5200 plasma with componant and DVi inputs, we also have a DVD player, a VCR, Sky and a Hifi system, we want to be able to run all teh cables into one box and then upto the plasam, presume via DVI or componant? We also want to have a new set of surround speakers that would go into the box, I presume the box I am talking about would be an amp or receiver?? Have to excuse me I am a bit of a techie novice, so any help would be appreciated, items are at the moment a Sony DVD player but keen on replacing that with a Denon 1920, also we need to buy a cheap VCR as the kids have hundreds of Disney Videos and cant justify the expense of changing them to DVD so that needs to stay, also what woudl the new box actually have and what woudl I feed to it etc etc please??

As for a budget I really have no idea, but I expect the maximum would be no more than about £700 for the box and new speakers?

Can anyone help me??

Thanks, James.

(I have moved this over to here as I didnt get much response on the other part of the forum, I hope no one minds?? Can anyone help please???)

2. james_19742000

james_19742000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18