What Do I do?

u8myufo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just done a dead pixel count on my christmas lights and it dont look good. :rotfl:

Contrasts a bit low on mine:clap:

Mine are showing "sparklies".

Now I've read that long poor quality HDMI cables can cause this, but I'm not using HDMI - just mains.:confused:

Anyway its not a bad effect

Maybe its time to upgrade to LED. Or shall I wait to see what comes out next year?

I think if you find 4 dead ones in a row that counts as a failed set of lights, but
I'm not sure what official policy in the industry is :)

Dave

Is there no European Directive on this yet? Too busy defining banana curvature standards I suppose.

Problem is they were made in China, thats a different ball game now, anybody got an address I can write to and complain? Bound to be some back street place.:confused:

Problem is they were made in China, thats a different ball game now, anybody got an address I can write to and complain? Bound to be some back street place.:confused:

sorry man, but if you play the cheap import game then you got to send back to the country of origin for replacements......the UK branch of Assorted 1970's Cheap China Crap Products PLC doesnt handle warranties on goods bought overseas.....

when will people learn to support their local bricks and mortar light dealers...these guys only get trade once a year! give them a break on the high margins!

:D

Light dealers? The only dealers I got round here dont flog lighbulbs for a living.:cool:

Light dealers? The only dealers I got round here dont flog lighbulbs for a living.:cool:

you mean they do it for the fun of it?

:D

I bought my set in B&Q 10 years ago, I don't feel that confident about replacing pixels myself, should I just take them back for a refund? :)

I trust that no-one here is using the standard mains cable that came with their Christmas lights. It is a well know fact that manufacturers deliberately cripple their lights with sub-standard cables.

An upgrade from www.snakeoil.com is guaranteed to broaden the spectrum of your light's output and provide a much more pleasing visual experience :D

I trust that no-one here is using the standard mains cable that came with their Christmas lights. It is a well know fact that manufacturers deliberately cripple their lights with sub-standard cables.

An upgrade from www.snakeoil.com is guaranteed to broaden the spectrum of your light's output and provide a much more pleasing visual experience :D

You dont wanna waste your money on their cables.

You can make your own cables, everyone knows the best material is gold, so I got myself 12 Elizibeth Duke 9k gold chains from argos and daisy chained them.

it works best if you braid them, but the results are spectacular.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2428556.htm

I bought my set in B&Q 10 years ago, I don't feel that confident about replacing pixels myself, should I just take them back for a refund? :)

we still using lights from 24 years ago :rolleyes:

thats one reason why i make sure my hifi equipment is insured against every possibly disaster :D

My lights are fiber optic but for the life of me i cant work out how to plug them into my surround amp do i need a connector and if so where can i get one.

Make sure there is not a Astan Clause in your guarantee,can cause problems,i just put a Sledge hammer to mine,i was the only one present at the time,but i made light work of it.....

Looks like rein again,oh deer........:rolleyes:

Bah so many have gotten their lights, dead pixels or not :(

I put in an order six months ago for the new Phoney All-Singing-all-dancing light extravaganza, the Peace 3 set! Seriously you should see the marketting blurb for these things... they'll not only blow me away with their lighting effect but will even replace my existing lighting too.

Great... if they had arrived.

Apparantly because of a worldwide shortage of blue bulbs these are not even going to be shipped here until around Easter *sighs*. Still come Easter we are going to have the best looking tree in the neighbourhood so I am told by the websites.

We have had our standard tube lights for over 5 years now and I refuse to get drawn into this new-fangled technology of 'high definition' lights. I will happily stand my christmas tree display up against any of these 'HD' models - and I will guarantee that you will not see the difference.

£25 for a new box of lights??? These manufacturers must think that Joe Public is made of money - a case of the Emperor's New Clothes I believe.

If you look at this picture I think you will definitely see the smearing/ghosting/ and sparklies that is inherent in this alleged new technology :suicide:

[URL=http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2001864579565610402][/URL]

I know many members on the forums will flame me for this post - but I like to think that I am saving people some money. Just wait until the technology is better and the light quality is as good as traditional tube technology, after all good things come to those who wait :rolleyes:

just been to currys and got a 42 hd light string,the salesman tryed to get me to buy the led ones instead ,said the ones i bought needed regassing every two years

Well 356 days have passed me by, Lighting technology has changed so much, I have now made my decision and upgraded to LED lighting for this years festivity`s. entry level system of coarse with just white ones, I hope to move up to multi colours in the new year.

happy Christmas to all on AV and hope you get wot you want. :smashin::clap:

nope havent bought any yet, im waiting for the ones just round the corner

I've gone OLED this year. Each light is 3mm across, can be seen from space and the set has cost me a mere £58,000.

on a serious note anyone know where i can pick up decent fake xmas tree that doesn't shed all over the floor for the next 3 weeks?

I took a trip to Comet tonight in order to buy a £800 monster scart lead and ended up walking out with a 60" set of 'True HD' lights, I only paid £2k so guess who feels top of the world tonight :thumbsup:

I took the extended warranty for a further £1.5k (got a £500 discount) :)

Just hope they are compatible with my tree :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom