What do I connect to the amp?? Wii, Sky HD etc

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jase7, Jan 30, 2009.

1. jase7

jase7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Ok i've got a lovely new 2400 waiting to be set-up this weekend, but I'm just a bit unsure of what devices to put through it. I've got a Kuro 5090 and i'm not convinced that the 1080p upscaling in the amp will be any better than the TV does already!

With this in mind, do you think it's worth putting Sky HD (usually leave it set to 1080i) and a Wii (Compenent connection) through the Amp or should I just leave them connected directly to the TV? Does the upscaling of the Wii component conection to 1080p really make much difference?

:lease:

Thanks in advance!
    Jase

2. ChrisAV

ChrisAV

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    The main advantage of putting the video through you amp is that you can leave your TV set to one input, and switch video/audio together on the amp. It's debatable (and has been extensively debated) as to which device gives the best upscale results (source, amp or TV) and whether it is preferable to conect directly to TV - I suggest you try for yourself and see which works best on your kit. One advatage would be to pass audio to the TV if you planned on using the inernal speakers.

Sky HD needs to conected to the amp via optical for surround sound, it only passes stereo over HDMI.

Chris

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  3. jase7

jase7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that Chris mate, much appreciated. :thumbsup: