1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do i choose?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by barneybelly, Jun 7, 2005.

1. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks....

just wondering if i can seek some advice from all u knowledgable tv people!!
    I am currently in the market for a new tv and am not sure which to go for.
    We are in the middle of moving house so my budget is not that hot.
    I would love to go for a Plasma or LCD to save space and also to have a nice big screen for my viewing pleasure...but i have about a grand maximum so am not convinced i will get a decent one at that price (ideally 42" or 37").
    I dont have to worry about sound as have a seperate amp, speakers etc.
    I have been looking around and have seen the Toshiba 36ZP 46P in Currys for £799.... :eek:

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...sku=253696&category_oid=-20094&fm=3&sm=0&tm=2

..i have to admit this sounds like a great tv and looks the part also.
    But then i started to notice the price of the rear projection tv's and was wondering why they are so cheap for the screen size and what is the positives and negatives of these tv's...are they that good a picture etc....

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/sto...sku=103684&category_oid=-20098&fm=3&sm=0&tm=4

Hopefully somebody can give me some advice and point me in the right direction as am not too experienced on tv's and don't want to regret my decision... :lease:

Cheers

Dave

2. barneybelly

barneybelly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok..Ok...i know it may have been so many questions to take in and expevt an answer from....apologies!!

What i will ask first then is what is recommended for the budget i have....crt, rear projection or a "richer sounds special" bottom end plasma?
    also.....I just really wanna know what rear projection has to offer as seems good value for a screen that size!!

Hope this narrows down the input for ya.......cheers