1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what dlp tv ? (features)

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jibber, Jul 20, 2005.

1. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all i know of as comming from the dark ages of having an ol letterbox tv, is that you can have a feature of "picture in picture", i'm now set on buying a dlp rear projection tv but would like the picture in picture feature also the "HDTV" with the high resolution capeability as apposed to the low res version

look forward to hearing of peoples experiances or knoledge of which one to get...

regards,
    Jibber

2. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    The RD65 has pip and pop

3. Bacus

Bacus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    Look at Samsung SP50

4. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Look at the Sagem HD D45, HD D45S and HD D56B both are HDTV ready with HDCP support, haven't seen the 56" have got the 45" and its a great TV.

5. www

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Samsung sp46L6 and I'm pleased with it (see the sp46 thread). It's got PIP etc and can be got for around £1200 including stand.

6. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah i did see this tv in a shop but it did seem a little dull in picture for me also those speakers just self tapped screw on the sides look very weak and could break easily....

don't think i like that model, but would like to see more models in the flesh...

what make is that tv bud and sorry for not understanding but what is pop ?, i take it pip was picture in picture...

cheers
    Jibber.

7. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +470
    I've come to the conclusion that all the present generation of HiDef DLP TVs, no matter who they're from, suffer to some extent because they're not built for standard def sources. While they can look fantastic for much of the time, they can also introduce various problems as they try to spruce up standard def stuff, that is quite jarring to look at under certain circumstances. Such problems will, of course, go away to a large extent when true HiDef comes along. So it all depends on whether you want to buy now and live with that limitation, or wait till they're more appropriate.

Regards

Mark

8. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i hear ya there but my tv blew up and i was living with a 14" portable until i found somthing which i wanted to buy, then a pal of mine lent me his spare tv to use until i buy one (but it is a letterbox tv again)

so i kinda don't want to wait tooo long to buy somthing but there again i don't want to buy and buy wrong..

jibber.

9. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498

The RD65 is a 65' Optoma dispaly you can get it in a 50'

POP is picture on picture, you can basically spit the screen in two and have two feeds running at the same size. You can also increase and decrease the size of each screen. I normally watch big brother and surf the net at the same time. You can also plug in headphones and listen to the other feed. :thumbsup:

10. Hartigan

Hartigan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Razor :hiya:

Thought that was PAP (picture and picture)? Though I like the idea of sizing each screen.

However, Big Brother rather than footy??? What are we going to do with you? :D

11. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    :hiya:
    Optoma call it POP. Silly as there isnt a picture on a picture but as you say picture and picture.

I love my Big Brother after all its a true story :rotfl:

Just thinking imagine going withou TV for 2 months or more :suicide: I am so bad I take my portable dvd player away on holiday with me, although the size of the screen p**ses me off

:D

12. jibber

jibber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well after some long hard graft and skooting into shops i'm heavily swayed towards the samsung 50" dlp tv, and think i need to start looking at prices and where to buy etc this tv..

thanks for all the help people it's been great..

Jibber.

13. Razor

Razor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,498
    You wont be disapointed with the samsung 50' its a lovelly set. :)