What discs for Panny E30

J

joem

I'm thinking about buying the Panasonic E30 and would like to know if you can use the same cheap cd-r, cd-rw discs that are used for pc dvd writers?

Thanks
Joe.

Sorry DaveP

My mistake, I meant to say can you use cheap ( DVD-R,DVD-RW) as used with pc DVD writers?

Joe.

I didn't think the E30 could use -RW disks, the E20 can't for sure. I maybe wrong tho'!

DaveP

You are correct the panasonic E30 can only use dvd-r's or
dvd-ram to record on definatley not DVD-rw's

Regards

Niteman2002

I'm also having great success with e-proformance DVD-R. Using Optodisc DVD-ram which also are great quality.
Paul

Can I just check - Optodisc - is this the name of a manufacturer of DVD-RAM discs, and if so where did you get them from.
Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input.

Another question about the panny is how is the (time slip) function achieved, it doesn't give details on the web site.

Joe.

There is a "Time slip" button on the remote control which enables you to select the amount of time you want to skip.

It's a very easy recorder to use. Good manual. No worries......

Hi

Can anyone with a panny E30 recommend a web or store that does good e30 compatible DVD-R disks?

I have a friend over to the US next week and I can prob convince him to bring back 100 for me.

He'll be in San Fran if there's stores there.

Thanks

Mark

Mark I'd ask your friend to source you some ram discs as there is a greater price difference between UK & US. DVD-R cost about the same.

Hi

Thanks for that tip - noticed there was a bit of a difference between US and UK prices on those, but having never used that feature (or owned a E30 yet) I'm not sure how many I really need.

5 to start with?

Mark

Well Mark I'd ask him to bring back as many as you can afford or as many as he's prepared to bring. Once you get using the Ram discs you will appreciate how great they are, and if you do end up with too many then flog em on Ebay. The ones I had sent over would make me a tidy profit if I sold them. Just make sure he brings back the correct discs, you don't want to end up with a load of -RW or +RW.
Cheers
Paul

Hi

Think I'd probably go with a stack of 50 DVD-Rs and 10 or so RAMs.

Is there any preference betweens loose ones vs Caddy's or do the RAMs always come with caddies.

ie this: DVD-RAM 9.4GB Media Single Package in Jewel Case - Model#: OM940-000

or: DVD-RAM 9.4GB Media Removable Cartridge Type IV - Model#: OM940-400

Mark

Mark, most of my ram discs are bare, not realy an issue if your careful. Honestly I'd go for more Ram discs and pick up your DVD-R in this country from SVP.

Idiot9 :D check the drop down lists for the real prices especialy the 9.4 gig, eg. TDK 9.4gig from £11.99 +vat to actually buy ONE it costs £18.99 +vat and any postage. The TDK 4.7 seem the best value but even then £6.99 + VAT + postage means that 10 discs will cost you £69.90 + £15.99 postage + £15.03 VAT total of £100.92 Have a play with the checkout and see what I mean.
Not sure about the Maxell, I know a certain brand of Ram discs have issues with the E30 but can't remember if it was Maxell or Memorex.

Paul

yeah but who is gonna buy just one disc i was sayin about this page cos it has good offers for buying in bulk + there will be somewhere that you can buy ram discs with cheap delivery

Can anybody tell me which discs they have used to best effect on the E30 and if they can play on a different DVD player? I have recorded/copied using the following on the E30 but none of them work on my Lecson multi-region player, it just keeps saying 'Bad Disc'.

ICE DVD-R
Traxdata DVD-R
Datawrite Classic DVD-R

I also tried a Bulkpaq DVD-R but the E30 wouldn't let me finalise it, so that one's a scratch. Just need to find the right disc to record on and play back on the Lecson. It won't be the end of the world if I can't use the Lecson but it would be nice.

Hi

I think that will be the plan - get a load of DVD-RAMs from the states and the remainder of DVD-Rs locally.

You said you had no problems with the FWS or Eproformance discs?

Plan on getting 100 or so, best deal for £50+ would be ideal.

:confused:On another frount - how do people label them? I have horrible writing so I figure some sort of label making thing.

Mark

Mark, I'd order a smaller quantity at first until you're sure you've found a compatible brand as some people struggle with brands that others have no problem with. My fave at the moment are the E-proformance.

According to SVP the e-performance disc has only been tested on the philips machine and not the panny. Maybe somebody can confirm or deny this. I haven't tried the fws disc 'cos you can only buy them in bulk and although SVP say you can send back any disc's that won't work and get a refund it seem's a lot of palava to go through. Anyway, I've ordered a sample pack from CD-R Media.co.uk and the pack includes the following:

Zero Defex(2 types)
WhiteLabel
Paradox
Verbatim
TDK
VivaStar
Intenso
TraxData
CD-R Media

I'll get back with what will/won't work at the end of the week. It still puzzels me why the 3 I've done on the panny won't work on my Lecson I do know that they work fine on my mate's dvd pc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom