What digitial camcorder under £350

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by marshy.dave, Sep 28, 2004.

1. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello eveyone,

I know this may be a hard one to answer as everyone will have their own opinions, but I am after a digital camcorder for under £350 and am totally new to them.

I currently have an old Samsung 8mm and want to upgrade but dont know what to be looking at. I only want to use it as a point and shoot for transfer onto dvd.

Any help would be gratefully recieved

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    shop around and try and get aq sony dcr-trv265 digital 8 within budget, will allow you to capture your old 8mm to dvd but will record everything you shoot now in DV quality.

3. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I meant the TRV460.

4. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks mate, I will have a look around for that one. I must admit it would be great to have all my old 8mm tapes on DVD

5. marshy.dave

marshy.dave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to say thanks Roy for your recommendation. The camcorder arrived today and its fantastic. Not the smallest on the market but great none the less. The ability to get all my old 8mm footage onto dvd was the selling point for me.

Thanks Roy