1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What digital format and what editing equipment ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by torimusic, Jan 13, 2002.

1. torimusic

torimusic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I wanted to make an amateur movie using a camcorder, what digital format should I use and is there editing software available for editing on a PC ? I am new to this and so any help will be appreciated.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi There

I use a sony digital 8 camera a adobe premier 6.0 editing software. The camera gives excellent picture quality using hi-8 tapes so costs are lower than using mini dv format.

With these cameras dv-in enabled if you you can edit the footage on the pc then send the footage back out to tape without any loss in quality. I have listed below the web site for ordering software(autopc95) to enable your camera for dv-in. it also actiates other functions listed below alll thisa for £40 what a bargain. The guys at the site are excellent lots of excellent advice.

Sony Digital 8: Analogue, S-Video, DV-IN, VTR/PLAYER RECORD, Manual White Balance &
    AVin to DVout Passthrough (AV>DV Realtime Convertor) Menu modes are enabled on these cams:

TRV120e TRV125e TRV230 TRV235 TRV320e TRV325
    TRV420e TRV430 TRV420e TRV530 TRV725e TR8000/8100e

http://www.lynxdv.com/dvstore/

The software is very good and allow me to perform basics editing tasks up to professional quality presentations.

Hope this is of some help, let me know if you need any more info.