What did you watch last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ive been on rest days since Thursday afternoon so have been catching up on stuff that I have yet to get round to watching.

I have watched

WAY OF THE GUN ( not that bad a film )
HOLLOW MAN ( Good effects, little story )
THE FIRST DVD OF THE BUFFY BOX SET
BOUND ( Really enjoyed this )

some stuff I have recorded in the week such as ER, BUFFY and ANGEL

Went to cinema to see HANIBAL

Am planning having an afternoon with JAMES BOND ( BROSNAN ) and maybe watching THE PATRIOT.

Im not back at work til 10pm monday so I may make a start on more of the backlog. ( I have about 35 titles yet to watch )

Tim,

I watched and enjoyed Stir Of Echoes just last weekend. There was one point in it that REALLY annoyed me (the Cellar scene nr the end).

The commentary track on this one is interesting. The director is on his own throughout the length of the film and succeeds in being interesting all the way through I thought.

Duncan,

I too watched Way Of The Gun a few days ago, but wasn't too wow-ed by it. A bit Desperado come From Dusk Til Dawn in some ways, with a sadly unrelated opening scene that was quite simply BRILLIANT !!!

Last night I watched 30mins of The Art Of War before I had to stop for various reasons. This is a bright and colourful 007-type romp with Wesley Snipes as the secret agent. Unfortunately he's better in the Blade role than as a Pierce Brosnan/007 character, but this looked quite entertaining.

I then finished off the evening with a repeat showing of The Haunting in dts. Crikey I thought my speakers were going to explode! Interesting this one as I auditioned some subwoofers a while ago using it as one of my demo discs, and I really, *really* missed the subwoofer on this 2nd viewing.

------------------
Stuart Booth
Somewhere in Buckinghamshire, England, UK

sat down with some mates and watched Gladiator (again!) then Buffy season 4

Fist Of Fury R2

------------------
Webmaster,
http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

Casualty.
frown.gif
The missus had the remote.

------------------
Douch!!......Wot's da madder, da CIA got you pushing too many penzils?

Work: www.hughes-tv.co.uk

Fortress 2:Re-entry.
Aweful,Aweful movie

Hifidelity;
Not bad

U-751:
Better than i imagined & great sound

Stuart, I have to agree with you on the cellar scene, especially the gun shot you here, what's that all about.

Another boner, if you have seen U571, I havent heard anyone moan about the beginning, where the sub's being depth charged to bit's by a british cruiser, and when the sub comes up, theres no sine of the Cruiser, yank's again thinking we are not paying attention to the film.

Tim

------------------
Perhap's today is a good day yo die

[This message has been edited by Timh (edited 18-02-2001).]

I was out for the evening, got home around 1:30am and watched Cat Ballou then straight to bed!

I watched Battlefield Earth, I can confirm what a lot of people already knew, its rubbish. Even Jonnie T is very poor.

Watched Holy Smoke on boring old VHS, picture and sound bad, film pretty good.
Watched Being John Malchovich today - good and diferent.
Must admit though am crying out for a full blown av film that makes full use of all speakers (especially the rears) - might get Gone In 60 Seconds tomorrow.

Watched Leon - International version with a mate last night ass he hadnt seen the extended version, what a cool film.

Watched Magnolia a couple of nights ago. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Tom Cruise's character is excellent. And the soundtrack is very good.

I watched stir of echoes starring Kevin Bacon, great steering of rear effect's.
Film 8/10
picture 7/10 (4:3)
sound 9/10
extra's 0/10
If you liked The sixth sense you will love this.

Tim

------------------
Perhap's today is a good day yo die

This weekend my living room was transported to the Orient. 3 very different movies all of them ACE

Kurosawas "Ran"
The Story of Ricky O - the bloodiest most way out kung fu film ever made.
Audition - part tender love story, part twisted nasty S+M horror. With some very realistic
foot removal by piano wire
. Very nice.

All of them came from a Hong Kong supplier for less than £20 inc shipping.

------------------
I don't believe in voodoo...

Last edited:
Rambo John J

Rikki oh is A1

You must have ordered from DDDhouse there prices R the best. Much better than paying £20 per dvd in china town.

By heck sure there's a more recent on but the search only found this one started a couple of month before I joined. Must be a record.
Anyway started watching Jupiter Asending which started out with subtitles, but then when got to more present day dropped them which was a shame as I could not tell a bloody word Eddie Redmayne(him who won an Oscar) was saying and was not in the mood for cranking up the volume to hear him and be deafend by everybody else so switched off.
I desided to watch a film I recorded a couple of week back.
Survivor It a bit of a well tread thriller but it still worked for me albeit some silly bits. It starts off a bit like 3 Days of the Condor in fact some of the plots like that.
Millia Jovovich is the main character who's hunted down by Pierce Brosnan known in the film as the watchmaker one of the most wanted assassins.
The film does not let up though out and on the go all the time and has a run of 96 min which fly's by which really could have done with being a bit longer as there no real characterization.
It was done on a budget of only $20 million and given a very small release and quick on the disc.
I read one of the stars Roger Reese was suffering from brain cancer whilst filming and died shortly after filming.:(
It gets a low mark on IMDB of 5.6 but I not enjoyed films with higher marks.

Enjoyment score 8
Critic score 6.8

I'm pretty sure we didn't have spoiler tags on the forum back then so, years later, I've gone back and edited my post above, George Lucas style.
Probably didn't really need to, but then neither did George ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom