What dash cam are you using?

marvi0

I'm interested in a dual dash cam, bought a cheap apeman c550 on amazon and it broke down in a month. It would not charge during winter, possibly due to the cold weather spell we had. I chose it for the dual front and rear camera and it also seems discrete. Now not sure what else to go for as don't really want to pay over £400 for this, as I fear, my car could be broken into, to steal it if expenses 😂.

password1

Distinguished Member
using my mobile phone. take it with me when not in use.

i just delete the footage after the journey if or upload it to my email if required

I bought a "cheapo" on Ebay for about £20 and it lasted a couple of months. The vendor didn't want to know.

This one, another eBay purchase, I've had a month, so far it's been excellent and it was only £35.
I pmd the vendor who says it has a 1 year guarantee.

s-l1600.jpg

lee1980

Looking to for Bmw getting soon, they have own system but its expensive and not the best, I want something that monitors when parked up to but it gest pricy and need it hard wired etc.
Thinkaware look good.

AMc

Distinguished Member
There's a dedicated subforum

I have a cheap Go Pro clone from SJCAM which works - it's been in there for years and I've only once had cause to consider sharing the footage when a fender bender happened directly in front of me.
Neither driver followed up so I imagine they sorted it out without my help.

marvi0

There's a dedicated subforum

I have a cheap Go Pro clone from SJCAM which works - it's been in there for years and I've only once had cause to consider sharing the footage when a fender bender happened directly in front of me.
Neither driver followed up so I imagine they sorted it out without my help.
Thanks, I will go to the sub forum. Thanks.

drmsa

BlackVue DR750S-2CH (16 GB) Front and Rear Cloud Connected Wi-Fi Dash Cam with Wide-Angle Full HD Video at 60 fps/30 fps, Sony STARVIS Night Vision, Parking Mode, GPS and iOS/Android App Amazon product

Have been using this in my Jaguar for past 2 years. Got it installed by a local fitter and bought it off half price from eBay (refurbished from BlackVue).

oneman

Nextbase, 412, bought 2nd hand from facebook selling group but it was BNIB, unwanted gift. Cheap but it works. I actually had to use the footage a couple of months ago when a traveller on a horse and trap didn't bother stopping going onto a roundabout and caused an accident. Of course they just rode off but at least had something to show the police.

If I had the choice I won't get the touchscreen version, get one with physical buttons.

I hardwired it myself which was pretty straightforward.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom