What current offers are available for 'recommend a friend'?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Scapegoat, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    A mate I go to football with is after Sky+ - so I told him I could recommend him as you tend to get a reasonable deal for both parties.

In the current Sky mag its offering £50 of M&S vouchers for the recommender and half price for 3 months for the the friend and £99 for his box and installation.

But if you go online a new Sky+ subcriber can get Sky+ for £89 and 4 months half price without recommending a friend.

Any ideas on on what deals you can get by recommending a friend as on the face of it looks like I would get £50 of M&S vouchers at the expense of my friends deal?

2. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    or you can upgrade to sky plus,or if you have sky plus then upgrade to skyplus 160, but it will be at your friends expense,but it sounds like you sold him the idea of getting sky, so just think of it as your commision.:devil:

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I already have Sky+, which I have upgraded myself with a 160 drive. So I have the choice of a 'real' 160 as a spare or £50 of vouchers.

But my friend would get a worse deal. Not worth it - unless he wants a 160 drive for £10 plus a months half price subscription.

Nice one Sky - recommend a friend and fleece them for your own ends. I wish I lived in a cable-enabled area.

4. ijd

ijd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +126
    well £50 M&S vouchers.....food hall here i come yummy, M&S food is great anything else i would pias on