What Cpu for Asus P5KPL-AM Board?

Nokmondoo

Hi, could someone advise me on the best cpu that is compatible with this board - Asus P5KPL-AM iG31 Socket 775 onboard VGA 8 channel audio mATX Motherboard - Ebuyer ?

I'm looking at E2220, E2200 and ideally E5200. I'm not sure if the 5200 is compatible tho?

Any help is much appreciated. :thumbsup:

Edit - i've just noticed on asus website - Intel® Quad Core Processor Ready
This motherboard supports the latest Intel® Quad-core processors in LGA775 package. It also can support Intel® next generation 45nm Multi-Core CPU. It´s excellent for multi-tasking, multi-media and enthusiastic gamers with 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB. Intel® Quad-core is one of the most powerful CPU in the world.

Does that mean the E5200?

Last edited:

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
From the list broona linked, the E5200 CPU will work the motherboard only if it comes with the 0403 bios on when bought.

If it comes with an earlier bios than this you are going to need to temporarily put in a cpu that is compatible with that older bios just to allow you to flash it to the latest version to then allow it to have E5200 support.

The obvious thing I would therefore do would be to telephone Asus before making your purchase to confirm what bios will be on there before you buy.

Speky

Standard Member
I got one of these boards today with an E2200, clocked it to 3GHz with standard heatsink/fan, running like a charm. Currently running Prime95 to ensure its stable, but so far so good. Set FSB to 272 and upped Vcore by 100mv in the bios. Without the Vcore bump, Prime95 caused a bluescreen after a few mins. Temp has peaked at 54-55 degrees c, so no worries there :)

Seems like a real bargain to me, works well.

Andy...

Nokmondoo

I got one of these boards today with an E2200, clocked it to 3GHz with standard heatsink/fan, running like a charm. Currently running Prime95 to ensure its stable, but so far so good. Set FSB to 272 and upped Vcore by 100mv in the bios. Without the Vcore bump, Prime95 caused a bluescreen after a few mins. Temp has peaked at 54-55 degrees c, so no worries there :)

Seems like a real bargain to me, works well.

Andy...

Thanks for that mate. I'm going the E2200 route myself now. :thumbsup:

russ333

Novice Member
got an e5200 running in this motherboard and overclocked to 3.06GHz with the 20% auto overclock function. Runs fine. Great combo :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom