What console for lively 4 year old?

scottduffy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I hope this is the correct forum for this so here goes. I am wanting to get my wee boy a console and had thought about something like the original WII as there seemed to be interactive games like running, jumping etc as opposed to sitting there shooting things. I can't see this in the shops anymore and was wondering if the new WII still takes older games or is there an alternative?

He's very active and always on the move but he played his cousins xbox and liked it so when he asked for one I thought this was a happy medium as he'll not turn into a wee couch potato.

I've not owned a console since the mega drive so struggling a bit !!

Regards

Scott

Wii U would be perfect I reckon and you can play all the old Wii games on it too. Alternatively you could probably get an original wii with a handful of games very cheap now.

Have you thought about Nintendo DS my 5 year old has one and really enjoys it, game wise he plays Mario, Sonic etc..
We did have an old Xbox 360 as well and he did play that but found it more difficult and would ask for help with that, played Toy Story game for that.
We decided to get rid of the 360 and picked up an Amazon Fire tablet, that is what get used most of the time now! Has plenty of games from the app store on there.
I guess it's trial and error to see what he likes the best.

Cex etc do the original wii dirt cheap, as are the games

But yes, I'd echo the above. Nintendo Ds are great, my lads had the basic ones from about 5 years old and are now 9 and 11,still mad on the 3ds,although neither really bother with the 3d setting

For the young, definitely a Nintendo. Either a second hand Wii, a Wii U, or the two screen DS. Not the 3D version.

Hi Ive got a little boy who's 5 and about a year ago I passed on my PS3 to him... (well I hadn't time to use it anymore had I!). The controls are quite intuitive and he soon got the hang of it - I tried him with an old Wii that we had, and the game play was a bit difficult for him to get, and there was too much moving around. With the PS3 there are plenty of games which develop porblem solving especially the Lego games (which he loves). Just don't get caught up in the Skylander games - we did and it cost us a blooming fortune even buying those things second hand!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom