What colour cabinet do you think suits my room best?

sickhead2

Standard Member
Hi guys,

Recently purchased a new Panasonic TH-50PZ70 and am looking for a cabinet to sit under it to home various receivers.

Now the household is divided between black and light oak for the cabinet; the cabinet in mind is the Alphason ABR1100. So I've come here for the final decision.

I've attached a picture of the room that it is for.

Your help is much appreciated :)

Knightshade

Novice Member
As you already have a few wood items I would go for the Oak, personally I wouldn't have a 'black' effect rack for two reasons, 1, it's another black box and 2, it looks really bad if it gets damaged.

Jasonjo

Very spooky post, I am am currently trying to decide the exact same thing with my wife after deciding on the ABR1100 as our new AV cabinet! :cool:

Think I would agree with Light Oak too! :smashin:

These piccies may be handy to get an idea of the finish and build...

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6019771&postcount=115

Probably going to apply frosting film to the glass once I get mine for a slightly more hidden look.

Cheers

JJ

U

Uncle heFTy

For me its ABR1100 Black, but there are a couple of issues to consider;

Wood finishes tend to be very different unless bought in the same batch and from the same 'shade', even then, being natural veneer, the finishes can differ dramatically. Wood and pine don't mix, neither do light and dark wood finishes.

But, if we hadn't got black speaker cabinets already, I would probably have gone for walnut. We have a 'blonde' marble floor (it sounds posh but was laid some 20 years ago by the previous owner and is too beautiful to cover up).

We have purchased from Digico, but Lasky's have the same item for £149, but have no stock currently.
TTFN
Uncle H

dibdab

I have just got the black one today and i'm really happy with it. I prefer it to the wood finishes.

But it all depends what you prefer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom