1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What colour bezel???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by waynec, Oct 15, 2003.

1. waynec

waynec

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just about to purchase a panny 6 series after wading through the forums for the past 6 months! I had made my mind up at the start that I would go for the charcoal front after what some peole had said, appearence of better contrast , less shiney etc. Now I'm not too sure. I have the silver Kef eggs already and not sure how the charcoal screen will look next to the eggs?

It may be a bit silly to rasie this but after spending this much money I want it to look good even when it's powered off. Has anyone got the setup that I'm after and provide me with some feed back? I've not noticed any pics on the "plasma's out for the lads" thread.

Also can someone tell me what the difference is between the silver and charcoal screen apart from the 250 quid difference!

Cheers

:smashin:

2. Matravers

Matravers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the 6 series, and was always going for silver.
    When i went to purchase i had my doubts and considered charcoal because of the price.
    But, thankfully i went for the silver. I think it looks like a much cleaner piece of kit, and when on the wall IMHO it will look far better than the black.

I don't really understand the picture difference that people feel the bezel colour makes, if like myself, you watch movies in relative darkness you can't even see the bezel.

Best to take a look at both though and think which you could live with most. £250 is £250 but, thats life isn't it....let the design be your decision not the money if you can.

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Go for the silver - it will look great off and superb when it's on.

I think it's one of those things - if you let the bezel bother you it may do but personally I never even notice it when I am watching a film, whether its during daylight or in darkness - does not factor one little bit in my viewing pleasure.

4. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've got both, and I'd go for the black every time as it makes the plasma stand out much better. The silver is a more of a watered down grey and doesn't look as good.

Neil.

5. steve36

steve36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Well I actually would wait for the Pioneer 434, but I've been told that it's black border looks ugly so I'm going to have to get something else with a silver bezel. And there no way I'm waiting until next Mar/May/June/July for the MXE version !

I think that grey looks better and does'nt make the plasma look larger.

Steve.