What Channels dont you get?

The_Nick30

Novice Member
I currently have Sky + HD, with all the channels, Sports and Movies.
Apprently it is cheaper to get V+, but what channels wont i get? And is there any disadvantages of VM comapred to SKY?

Cheers,
Nick

McMav

Apprently it is cheaper to get V+, but what channels wont i get? And is there any disadvantages of VM comapred to SKY?

Cheers,
Nick
At the moment the main things you wont get on VM are the Sky HD channels ie movies sports and sky one hd. A deal is being done though to supposedly bring these hd channels to VM shortly. Time will tell.

DavidT

Cheers,
Nick
Why don't you go on the Virgin website and take a look at the TV packages and the listings for the channels included with each package.

David

zombie_donkey

Novice Member
At the moment the main things you wont get on VM are the Sky HD channels ie movies sports and sky one hd. A deal is being done though to supposedly bring these hd channels to VM shortly. Time will tell.
I came on with the same question as the OP. The Virgin site is not forthcoming with this nugget of info.

I would save about £20 at the moment with virgin but once they are doing the Sky HD channels will the price difference get smaller? hmmmm.

The V+ box ability to record 2 channels as you watch a third is a compelling reason to change, as it the faster broadband but I'll have another look in a couple of months.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
I came on with the same question as the OP. The Virgin site is not forthcoming with this nugget of info.
Is this what you are looking for?

TV channels - Digital TV - Virgin Media

I would save about £20 at the moment with virgin but once they are doing the Sky HD channels will the price difference get smaller? hmmmm.
The concensus is that if you are on XL and also have Sky Sports/Movies you will not be charged can excess for the shortly available HD versions

The V+ box ability to record 2 channels as you watch a third is a compelling reason to change, as it the faster broadband but I'll have another look in a couple of months.
Yes you can do that and also simultaneously replay a fourth pre-recorded programme to another TV or a DVD recorder.

BTW round here the most basic VM broadband is over 6 times faster than Sky or any other* BB supplier can deliver. and if you wish you can at a premium increase that by a factor of 5 and reliably receive over 30 times the speed of the best Sky BB you can get round here.

*slight correction in the case of one-O2 - the basic VM BB is only 5 times faster!!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom