Question What Centre Speaker?

Noodlesluke

I’m building my first 5.1 setup and I need help with selecting my first centre speaker.

I’ve got 2x B&W 607 Speakers for the Front LR and I’d ideally like to go for the HTM62 s2 for the centre to match but it doesn’t fit my tv stand! It’s too high at 160mm.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a centre speaker to match my 607 that isn’t taller than 145mm? Budget is under £200 so probably will be looking for used.

kahlua

I’m building my first 5.1 setup and I need help with selecting my first centre speaker.

I’ve got 2x B&W 607 Speakers for the Front LR and I’d ideally like to go for the HTM62 s2 for the centre to match but it doesn’t fit my tv stand! It’s too high at 160mm.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a centre speaker to match my 607 that isn’t taller than 145mm? Budget is under £200 so probably will be looking for used.
raise the tv with a bit of shelf or whatever,its only 15mm.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
It’s not the bit in front of the tv, it’s a centre shelf in the unit.

B&W doesn´t really have much options. M1 horizontally would fit but i think it would be compromise that i wouldn`t go for. Center channel inside unit sitting low isn´t best spot either. If you could wall mount tv or buy "floor tv stand" from Amazon which goes behind and under your av-unit. This way you can fit any center channel top of your av-unit as the tv stand is height adjustable!

Oh and HTM6 is the "matching" centre to 607, not the older HTM62 S2.

password1

Distinguished Member
I think Id rather have no centre than a mismatched centre.

A centre on a shelf, if it's enclosed, is isn't really ideal. You'd need a little bit more space to allow you to angle the centre, assuming its under the TV and lower than the left and right speakers.

Do you have space above the TV? Perhaps a shelf either on the cabinet or wall.

Noodlesluke

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn’t even think of a floor tv stand and reckon it could work.

The speakers would be on either side of the tv on the unit. So in theory in line with centre speaker. It’s not ideal but don’t think my other half would be too impressed with transforming our living room.

rccarguy2

I think Id rather have no centre than a mismatched centre.

A centre on a shelf, if it's enclosed, is isn't really ideal. You'd need a little bit more space to allow you to angle the centre, assuming its under the TV and lower than the left and right speakers.

Do you have space above the TV? Perhaps a shelf either on the cabinet or wall.

Mismatched is fine. As long as it's good quality center. I suppose if you deliberately used mains and center of totally different character ie one is bright and harsh the other laid back and soft..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom