what cd player shall i buy.

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by gmbdelsol, Feb 4, 2009.

1. gmbdelsol

gmbdelsol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have an onkyo 606 amp and a bose acustimass 10 speaker system and would like to buy a cd player so that i can play music cds and sacd's. i would like a good quality one. the price i would like to spend isbetween 200 to 270sterling. thanks a lot. i though of buying one of these 2.
    Denon DCM-500AE or the Denon DCD-500AE ,do they play sacd? whats your opinion.thanks a lot.

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    m8 this is the denon site with all the info you need

DENON UK | Home Audio Components

500ae is not sacd player the 1500ae is.

unfortunately its around the 430 pound mark.

3. gmbdelsol

gmbdelsol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

hi, how come on the website denons says that the above models are sacd
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hybrid sacd(cd stereo)

4. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    look at the 700 and 500 models they are hybrid sacd players. What that means is that there are certain SACD discs that have a layer that has CD quality as well which will play in normal cd players. The 1500 model will play sacd which is the higher resolution:

this is what dennon say:
    Super Audio CD uses a new and radically different technology called Direct Stream Digital (DSD) to convert music into a digital signal that can be stored on a disc. Compared to the traditional PCM method (the technology used for CD), DSD offers a much higher resolution by following more closely the original wave form of music. With a frequency response of over 100kHz and a dynamic range over 120dB across the audible frequency range – some 64 times higher resolution then CD - Super Audio CD offers music reproduction that reveals details you just can’t hear on a normal CD.

The Direct Stream Digital pulse train "looks" remarkably like the analog waveform it represents. More pulses point up as the wave goes positive and down as the wave goes negative.

The DVD-Audio is a alternative method for listening to music at a much higher quality than your standard CD's.

You can transfer SACD from a DVD player to a amplifier via 6 phono cables or using IEEE1394-output (Digital Audio).

bare in mind that of what i heard on this forum SACD has alot of classical music tittles but not so many of the other types.

hope this helps:thumbsup: