What cctv

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Mikeyd1963, Jul 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mikeyd1963

Mikeyd1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi every one.
    I want to get a cheap cctv system, 1080pish 4 cameras with something like a 1tb hard drive, seen lots from £150/£250. I no you get what you pay for but has any body got one of these cheepissh systems. Seen swan kits with four cameras cables and 1tb, can I get cheaper than these at the same quality.
    Mike

2. Paul_HDLover

Paul_HDLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    No. :)

3. Paul_HDLover

Paul_HDLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Mikey, your obviously running to a budget mate. Why not build your setup over time allowing you to get some reasonable kit, all be it less of it for starters. If your shrood (sp), you can pick up a few hikvisions off ebay, but you need to be careful you dont buy a grey import to prevent bricking the camera when you try to upgrade it like me - by the way i managed to rescue the camera but now the web interface is in Chinese, minor detail....anyway i reckon you could get 3 or 4 decent cameras off ebay for £150-£200 - if you want to power them via POE you might need a cheap POE switch or, you can just power them by, well power actually. Then if you have an old computer just use that to record on to for starters (keep running 24 x 7.)

Hikvision / Dahua IP cameras i rate and are highly configurable.

4. cosmicma

cosmicma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    here's a one box solution with a reputable name that might be worth considering

Samsung 4 Channel 1TB 4 Camera Full HD 1080P IP66 Waterproof Day Night CCTV System

i have a samsung 1080p CCTV system installed for the last few years and is still going strong and the quality / reliability is pretty good

the one i have linked to is not quite the same as mine as mines an older generation but for the price i can't see you going too far wrong

5. Mikeyd1963

Mikeyd1963

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Looks good, thank you all for your advice.