• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What card to get AMD Radeon 7870 2GB DD or the GTX 750ti??

JamesLFC2018

Hi guys I will be getting a new graphics card from SCAN
my current specs are a intel i7 quadcore 3.5ghz cpu and 8gb of RAM and 5770

7870 is £142 and GTX 750ti is £119 what would you guys go for if you had the choice

Which is better for gaming? Can both cards play modern games on 1080p 60fps ?

snips86x

Novice Member
Yes, both cards will run 1080p around 60fps, but it depends on the resolution of your monitor and the settings used and games you're playing. I would recommend the 7870, they have better overclocking headroom.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
The 7870 is around 25% faster but at £142 for it is a little steep unless it's a good version of it, you can usually pick up an 7870 or it's latest renaming, the R9 270, for cheaper than that.

Stinger

You can pick up a 2nd hand 280X for around £140 maybe less in the classified adverts which should still have a decent amount of warranty left which would give much better performance than the 2 you mentioned :)

Rossi87

Novice Member
I currently have a Sapphire 7870 OC and Do have the Core slightly OC'ed. It is a great card for the price, but as someone else mentioned, I would go for R9 270 instead, or if you can wait for Nvidia's 800 series, which I'm trying to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom