What car have you bought?

Civic Type R currently 345BHP, nothing touches it in the beginner races so far :thumbsup:

EDIT: I'm level 12 and have only used that car, but got the ST170 from the Rally special events so am probably going to make that rally spec.

Civic Type R currently 345BHP, nothing touches it in the beginner races so far :thumbsup:

In white? Thats the one i got.

Shame i lost the fffing lot. Worth backing up your game saves to a memory stick. Im doing it next time, before trying online.

In white? Thats the one i got.

Shame i lost the fffing lot. Worth backing up your game saves to a memory stick. Im doing it next time, before trying online.

I chose the black one, although now I have the carbon fibre bonnet I wish I had chosen white :rotfl:

I chose the Swift Sport as my starting car.

Mazda Roadster/Mx5, also got a 3000GT now as well, saving for a Mazda RX7.
Stuck on the Yaris race the AI keeps crashing into me and spinning me out.

What are people using for the two classic car races in the beginners races. I've not run out of other races to do yet but my mate was saying he's got a little stuck becasue he can't find any classic cars to use. There was a 1971 american car available in the used car dealership but that won't cut it for the european and another one which is not USA based?

Mine was the MX-5 in 'Banana yellow'.
Tuned it up to the best part of 240BHP, sails through the beginner classes.

Have now got a 200SX (the very car I used to own!) and currently tuning past the 350BHP mark.

Mmm. I think I need to get my head around GT and cars in general here. I've only just realised I've only got 105 bhp and I'm racing against cars with nearly 300 :rotfl:

Didn't realise you had to upgrade the buggers :facepalm:

Edit: just chipped it up to 117 :laugh: I'm gonna fly now!

I went for the second hand Civic Type R, best bang for buck with starting credits I could find. Now saving up for a Nissan GT-R Spec V. Then tune the baby up to max and whip up some serious G's with 988 horses and a 300+mph top speed, no joke either.. Thank you Polyphony!!:D:D:D

Last edited:
I went for the second hand Civic Type R, best bang for buck with starting credits I could find. Now saving up for a Nissan GT-R Spec V. Then tune the baby up to max and rip holes in the atmosphere with 988 horses and a 300+mph top speed, no joke either.. :D:D:D

I found one in the used section cheap as chips - a pace car with lights on the roof! :D (haven't checked to see if they work though!)

I found one in the used section cheap as chips - a pace car with lights on the roof! :D (haven't checked to see if they work though!)

:eek:didn't notice the lights on the roof... if you find the lights work let us know :smashin:. Loving the horn feature in game, even if it makes no difference to the AI reactions. Just the fun of hammering the horn around London street circuit on the Concept car cup (or something similar) in the beginner section. These are the sort of things you wish you could get away with in real life. :laugh:

I went for the second hand Civic Type R, best bang for buck with starting credits I could find.

I did the same. I've always done for a Type R Honda as a first car except in GT1 all those years ago when I went for a Supra!

I treated myself to a Ferrari 458 italia and a Mercedes SLS last night. My first car was a Eunos Roadster which I've not even used as I have just been doing licenses and Special Events.

Fell in love with the Merc after the SLS challenge at the Nordschleife.

First car was a highly exotic Nissan March (a Micra to you and me). A few upgrades has given me 130bhp of pure power. Slapped the biggest wing I could find which of course made it go even faster...

Fell in love with the Merc after the SLS challenge at the Nordschleife.

Did those yesterday - well, when I say did, I mean I managed a silver in each of them, they're pretty tough but they don't half dish out xp for ranking up! :smashin:

Almost bought the McLaren MP4-12C, finger was itching above the buy button but didn't want to bankrupt myself...

Did those yesterday - well, when I say did, I mean I managed a silver in each of them, they're pretty tough but they don't half dish out xp for ranking up! :smashin:

Almost bought the McLaren MP4-12C, finger was itching above the buy button but didn't want to bankrupt myself...

Silver is pretty good going mate.......I missed out on silver by about 3 seconds on each of the full circuit challenges. Trying to second guess the other cars on track is tricky. They are supposed to stay on the right for faster cars to pass, but rarely do.

Hit that button mate...........:D

Yeah, the last "full lap" tests are tricky due to the other cars - I actually missed out on Silver on that one (SLS AMG) after I ran into 2 opponents hogging the track side by side on the run up to the 2nd Karrusel - I didn't want to give one a shunt or try short cutting across the grass in case I got disqualified.

Love the way all the corners names come up on screen as you take them though.

And is it Tony Jardine who does the voice over?

Yeah, the last "full lap" tests are tricky due to the other cars - I actually missed out on Silver on that one (SLS AMG) after I ran into 2 opponents hogging the track side by side on the run up to the 2nd Karrusel - I didn't want to give one a shunt or try short cutting across the grass in case I got disqualified.

Love the way all the corners names come up on screen as you take them though.

And is it Tony Jardine who does the voice over?

Will definetly be going back to try and better those times........just want to rank up enough to do the other 2. I wonder what cars will be used for them?

The names are a nice touch, just make sure you look at them on a straight.........."ooooh, here comes the carou..........scheisse!!":D

Will definetly be going back to try and better those times........just want to rank up enough to do the other 2. I wonder what cars will be used for them?

The names are a nice touch, just make sure you look at them on a straight.........."ooooh, here comes the carou..........scheisse!!":D

I deffo remember shouting that last night - as well as "get out of ze vay!" when coming up behind a snot green A-Class! :laugh:

A bit scared to know what's coming next - I've done intermediate, but then there's Advanced and Expert for the AMG challenge - surely the SLR McLaren will be saved until the end - and probably in the wet / dark seeing as it seems to make a point of saying "dry" :eek:

I deffo remember shouting that last night - as well as "get out of ze vay!" when coming up behind a snot green A-Class! :laugh:

A bit scared to know what's coming next - I've done intermediate, but then there's Advanced and Expert for the AMG challenge - surely the SLR McLaren will be saved until the end - and probably in the wet / dark seeing as it seems to make a point of saying "dry" :eek:

:laugh: Just had an image of you doing a Basil Fawlty!!:laugh:

I reckon you are right about the expert challenge:eek:

I did my first night race last night. It was part of the grand tour special event. Point to point race at Toscana in a Lambo (Superveloce I think it was). It was nails. It was very, very hard, the headlights made next to no difference when you don't know the track.

Managed to scrape 5th for the bronze. That'll do me thanks:D

My first cars) were a go kart (5,000) and I think the Eunos Roadster (15,000). I brought both to get the Penniless trophy.

My latest addition is a Ferrari F430 in white.

:laugh: Just had an image of you doing a Basil Fawlty!!:laugh:

I reckon you are right about the expert challenge:eek:

I did my first night race last night. It was part of the grand tour special event. Point to point race at Toscana in a Lambo (Superveloce I think it was). It was nails. It was very, very hard, the headlights made next to no difference when you don't know the track.

Managed to scrape 5th for the bronze. That'll do me thanks:D

You can switch between low and high beam can't you? The Day/Night transition vid from the 'ring posted in the media thread shows the lights being flashed at other drivers.

You can switch between low and high beam can't you? The Day/Night transition vid from the 'ring posted in the media thread shows the lights being flashed at other drivers.

just press R1, and you can see whether its full beam. Only works on premium cars though i think.

Wow, I've still got a 92 Civic in white.

And to top it off I think I won a 91 Civic yesterday :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom