What Cancorder should I get

trev123

Standard Member
My budget is £250
Require to video close up (within 1.0 metre).
Using it for live presentation via a DLP projector.
Manual white balance, iris and focus lock required.
Mains connection required.
Good in artificial light. (good sensor)
Easy editing for uploading to website
Pros and cons of HD and SD
Question; If I got a HD cam, can I use it to edit in SD for website videoing.
Hope you can help.
Regards

axiomprime

The The Panasonic SD60 and Sony's equivalent (the name escapes me right now) are about 280 and tick most of your boxes but I don't think you can change the resolution to standard def. You could do it in editing software afterwards. Once it's trimmed up just tell it to export in the file type and size of your choice.

I got a Samsung R10 for 200 but they're hard to find now at that price and it's pretty poor in low light.

Almost any standard def cam for 200 will do what you need. Panasonic's crop this year have been very good and reliable.

Even though the camera records in HD, you can still edit and create an SD project.
The only thing I dont like is the MTS files - to store your data for future use you need to backup the entire SD folder structure, rather then just storing the actual MTS video file in your own structure - unless you convert the clips first to MP4 etc.

rob12770

Banned
Even though the camera records in HD, you can still edit and create an SD project.
The only thing I dont like is the MTS files - to store your data for future use you need to backup the entire SD folder structure, rather then just storing the actual MTS video file in your own structure - unless you convert the clips first to MP4 etc.
no you dont.. unless you are using that horrible HDWriter software..:thumbsdow

I thought you could edit the video, then save it to a DVD and let Toast convert it so that the entire project fits onto a SD DVD.....?

trev123

Standard Member
Thank you guys
It still sounds a bit hit and miss.
I have a high memory pc.
I normally use MS Movie maker.
If I got HD, would I be able to edit with that?
This HD writer software sound a bit iffy...
Would I get this with an HD cam.
Would my presentation be better quality via 800x600 DLP projector with HD or would I need to upgrade that too.

Trending threads

Top Bottom