What can i get for £500

dannywaugh1

Hey again! another thread from me in my last thread I wanted a led TV
thread: http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-should-i-buy/1453834-400-new-tv-help-please.html

I did decide on what TV to go for but I have been thinking today 'can I get a LCD with better spec for my £££ then the led i have decided'.

The LED : LG 42LE4500 Ultra Slim 42" Full HD LED TV - Black buy online | Currys

What I am asking is what LCD can I get for my money i mainly game(PS3) watch bluray TV its the main TV in the house.

thanks!

ertoil

you can buy a 50 incher plasmas : Panasonic C2 (it is 1024X768) or LG 50 PK350 or LG 50PT353

dannywaugh1

you can buy a 50 incher plasmas : Panasonic C2 (it is 1024X768) or LG 50 PK350 or LG 50PT353

thanks! but I didn't state the size sorry max of 42 inch play allot of games from time to time also so don't want burn in

Last edited:

vickster

Distinguished Member
Burn in is incredibly rare if you are sensible with the settings, you may get temporary image retention (less so with Panasonic). BUT you'll have less lag, better blacks and better motion than an equivalent priced LCD (and you won't get backlight bleed and poor screen uniformity). There are plenty of serious gamers using plasma who wouldn't go to LCD

42" - PANASONIC TX-P42U30B Plasma TV | Laskys.com :)

Up to you though...look at the LG 42LD450 LCD but won't come close to a plasma for motion, blacks and viewing angles :)

vickster

Distinguished Member
Confused...you said before you play a lot of games and hence no plasma :confused: :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom