What can I do? Advice appreciated

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by R N M, Nov 30, 2003.

1. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,
    I've a Samsung Combo VCR-DVD player that I've had a lot of problems with, as I've mentioned here before in other threads.

I contacted Samsung about the problems and they sent the player to Endeva, who couldn't seem to find the rather obvious problems.
    It went back again, and this time Samsung said they'd do nothing about it as Endeva said there was no fault. What's more, it came back with two further pieces of damage; the Aerial socket on the player was bent beyond use, and the Optical Connection was missing, there is just an empty gap on the back of the machine where it was.

As somebody who works in the video produciton industry, I'm fairly familiar with the technology myself, and find this degree of incompetence and irresponsibility appaling, not to mention the cost of a £300 player that I can't use.

I contacted Trading Standards, but they say they can't do anyhitng about it as thier power only extends to the retailers.

I want to prosecute Endeva for negligence or whatever, and get compensation for the damage done as well as thier failiure to fix the problems. While it was with them, it went past it's service guarantee date, so they stopped me from claiming on that as well.

Does anybody know what I can do against them legally? I have to do something for this.

2. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Check out the bbc watchdog site, there is loads of good info and contact information on it.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    surely the problem should of been dealt with by the original dealer (whoever that maybe) and not the manufacturer??

regards
    Gary

4. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    As Gary says, why did the unit go for repair via Samsung as opposed to the original retailer?

Is it still covered by warranty?

There are certainly avenue's that you could follow, but the easiest from your point of view would be making a claim under the various Consumer Protection laws which are in place. I really need to know a bit more before I can offer any more help I'm afraid :)

Any chance of some more information?

K.

5. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I tried contacting Curry's originally when the problem surfaced, but for dragged out reasons to do with company policy, couldn't get anything done.

I'd also found out that Samsung would replace the machine if it couldn;t be fixed (given all the faults, that was what i expected), wheras Curry's were difficult enough to even get it repaired.

My current situation isn't to get the machine fixed (I'll come to that later), but to prosecute the incompetent. I have no gripe with Samsung, they were very helpful. It's Endeva, and their *REMOVED* technicians who have landed me with these problems, and as such I wish to take action against them.

Frankly I want to see a change in the law regarding consumer protection and repairs. Stories like mine are all to common. *REMOVED (See Below)* The consumer laws should be changed to add some degree of manufacturer responsibility and liability, as some of the less reputable companies (cough...Philips....cough) get away with shifting all the hastles onto the retailers.

6. dude1971

dude1971

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Samsung will repair it, do that, but make sure that as many people as possible know how bad Endeva are so they don't get as much custom as they possibly would :)

Regards

Dude

7. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Samsung will only replace it if Endeva say it's beyond getting fixed, but as Endeva say there's nothing wrong with it, Samsung won't do anything.

I'm going to the Citizen's Advice Beaurea next week to check into all the laws under which I can take action, and I'll see where I can go from there.

I checked the BBC watchdog site, and there's a lot of innacuracies on there, as Trading Standards themselves told me.

I'll be initiating some form of private prosecution in this case.

As for making Endeva look bad, the problem is it's out of the Public's choice. It's the companies who send Endeva (aka Box Clever) technicians out. *REMOVED (See Below)*

If anybody else has Endeva problems, please add them to this thread, and I'll forward BBC Watchdog here if I can. I have contacts at the BBC, so it should be worth a go.

8. kelvin

kelvin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    MODERATOR COMMENT

R N M,

Forum Rules aside, if you intend to prosecute Endeva then comments like those in your last post won't do you any favours.

If you want to post negative feedback about them, then by all means feel free but bear in mind the forum guidelines here. For now I've removed the offending comments from your posts.

The above comments are in my capacity as a moderator so don't take personal offence...

Let me know if you have a problem with this :)

K.

9. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Endeva have gone mate bump bump bump mastercare have taken over their contracts so you probably wont get much joy mate.

10. R N M

R N M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mastercare would have been who Curry's sent out. I'm not surprised that Endeva no longer exist.

I just hope that Mastercare don't employ Endeva's old techs.

11. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    R N M,

checkout this website if you need any support regarding claiming on warranty with the DSG group:

mastercare.blogspot.com

regards
    Gary