1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What can Compare to the Panny AE500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dapex, Mar 19, 2004.

1. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    After reading all these posts I am serioulsy thinking about forgetintg my plans to save up for a plasma (I already have a 42" rear projection TV anyway) and going for a PJ.

I am really tempted by the ae500 but can anyone else suggest anything that will give it a run for its money?

Whats most important do you think, the ansi or the contrast????

I have also thought about a dlp setup av-sales have the Toshiba TDP-MT100 for £1000 which has better ansi and better contrast.

Any opinions on lcd vrs dlp would be nice and any suggestions on alternatives to the ae500 may give me some food for thought.

Does anyone know what the expected life of the ae500 buld is, and how much are the replacements???

Cheers

2. spondle

spondle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    not really sure I can help with much on your post, but I too am looking at purchasing something soon.

All I can say is that if you are willing to spend what you would have spent on a plasma on a projector then you'll get a very nice pj for that money.
    Otherwise there are others to consider like the ae500
    Sanyo z2, Optoma H30 and the soon to be released Hitachi pj-tx100 which are similar.

Firstly though I recommend viewing each technology LCD/DLP to see what you prefer you might suffer from rainbows on the DLPS which will help narrow down your purchase

3. 2manyconsoles

2manyconsoles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

2000 hours at the standard setting