What can be done

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by dancuprar, Oct 15, 2005.

1. dancuprar

dancuprar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked around but cant find any posts that answer my questions properly.

I am fed up with all the remotes i have. :thumbsdow the thing is each remote has a couple of buttons that are special, like on my DAVS-880 remote there is a button for getting into the amp settings and also one for changing the sound field that i use a lot. would say a harmony 665 be able to do this or would i still need to use my sony remote. Or getting into the direct navigator on my dvd recorder remote.

what i am saying is, will i be able to put my sky+ remote, tv remote etc in a draw and forget about them and be able to do everything from the harmony. :thumbsup:

Is the harmony the best one to go for, i dont want to spend any more than 50 squid.

cheers

Dan

I have

Panasonic PV-500
    Panasonic EMR-S10 DVD recorder
    SONY DAVS-880 DVD and 5.1
    SKY+

2. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one and it does everything i want, it has a huge data base so most things are on it.

If not it learns so you shouldn't be stuck, best thing to do would be to take a test drive on the harmony site, create a user and condigure your amp, this will let you see what buttons are available.

3. av2diefor

av2diefor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, i misread that :oops:

Dig a little deeper in your pocket and buy a 885 :)

4. czzer

czzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +105
    The 655 will do everything the 885 can do, it just doesn't look as flash!