What camera for £300 budget??

4bp

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi
i want to buy myself a new digital camera for xmas. i have a budget of £300 and have no idea what camera to get as i am a complete newbie at this!

i have seen the Casio EXILIM EX-Z1000 for £250. is this a good camera? can i get a better one within my budget?

i am off on holiday to malaysia in Jan so i want to make sure that i can get really decent snaps of the great scenery/views.

should i be looking at other cameras?? please someone help me as i have no idea what i should be going for.....

thanks for all the help.

:lease:

You havent mentioned if you are looking to have a compact or not (the z1000 is, does this mean thats what you want?).
There are some great compacts out there in your budget, but also some pretty good larger cameras with some great zoom lens. (Known as "Bridge" cameras)

Tell us your constraints and feature requirements !

sorry....but told u i was a noobie!!!

i would prefer a compact i think as easier to carry round
apart from that i have no other requirements really
thanks

A friend of mine has one of these

It is a very good camera, and has a wonderful large screen on the back. Plus it has built in WiFi, which is quite useful.

Well within your budget link

This looks like the newer version

The Canon 850 Ixus is superb also. (dont bother with the 900ti, apparently its not up to much, or so I hear)

To be honest.......... £300 is a big budget for a compact, so best to have a read about the cameras above, and work out what other features you like the sound of.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
i think i have narrowed it down to the panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX50, the canon ixus 850 IS or the Casio Exilim EX-Z850.

does anyone reccommend any one of these over the others??

has anyone experienced any probs with any one of these?

all advice will be greatly appreciated!

I can't advise on problems (or otherwise) with any of these. I'd imagine image quality would be pretty comparable between all 3.

My one piece of advice would be to go and actually "play" with the cameras in a shop to see which one "feels" the best to you. You don't have to buy there and then, and can shop around on the Internet (or locally if that's what you prefer) once you've decided.

i think i have narrowed it down to the panasonic LUMIX DMC-FX50, the canon ixus 850 IS or the Casio Exilim EX-Z850.

does anyone reccommend any one of these over the others??

has anyone experienced any probs with any one of these?

all advice will be greatly appreciated!

i had a casio a about a year ago, ok outdoors but not very good in lowlight, personally i would'ent buy another casio, the fuji f30 has some very good reviews, also in a recent test on the gadget show the fuji f31 came out tops above the canon ixus.

also in a recent test on the gadget show the fuji f31 came out tops above the canon ixus.

That Ixus was the 900ti though........ NOT the 850 with IS, which is supposed to be much better

Here are some user opinions on the 850 (also known as the 800 in the US)

That Ixus was the 900ti though........ NOT the 850 with IS, which is supposed to be much better

Here are some user opinions on the 850 (also known as the 800 in the US)

sorry mark i stand corrected of course your right, if you stick with canon,nikon,panasonic or fuji you won't go far wrong, just do some research on the models you like, and the one's people have mentioned here, on these sites here and here and also steves digicams.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom