1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Camcorder??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by baldie, Oct 28, 2004.

1. baldie

baldie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, I know absolutely zero about camcorders but need to get one. My Parents are about to go to Malaysia and I understand that stuff is a lot cheaper out there. I was going to give them a model number and see how cheap it was, if its the right price then I'd get them to buy. Anyway sorry for the rambling and straight to the point......what Camcorder should I buy, I want something fairly small, average price and it will be used for videoing the kids etc etc.

Thanks

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well Mr Baldie.

Thats quite a general question. I would say its best to go for Mini DV first of all. There is not much difference in price between these and the old HI-8 for example, so its not much point settling for anything less.
    If it is just for general recording and not much fancy stuff, go for a budget Panasonic, Sony or Canon. I have the Panasonic NV-GS11, which I got for £250 in London. This is a cheapish Mini-DV and is fantastic for the money. It has digital effects, a powerful zoom and a superb picture and also stereo sound. Otherwise, it is hard to recommend anything without knowing anymore requirements. My Camcorder is also just for recording those special moments and as a budget model, it does everything I want and much more!
    Good luck!

3. Kazd

Kazd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to buy a camcorder for my husband, Jessops suggested a Panasonic NVGS15. Does anyone have any advice or guidance about which models to look at. I am looking in the region of £350. Normally with this sort of purchase my hubby would spend a few months pouring over the magazines but of course this is a surprise so I need help to make the right decision.

Thanks