• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

What camcorder for imovie

jonwah

Standard Member
Hello,

Sorry for another what camcorder thread

I am an absolute novice when it comes to camcorders, but have decided to get one with junior wah arriving shortly.

I would like HD, not really fussed if it has a HDD or card. I will be using imovie to edit the footage and have already guessed I am going to have to upgrade my G4 powerbook to something newer.

What suggestions do you have for cameras, I was thinking about the Sanyo FH1 just because of the iframe compatibility but some of the review say the stabilisation isn't very good?

I have a blueray player that decodes h.264, and was planning on using this to view the footage on TV. Can imovie burn a compatible file to DVD and then I use the blueray player to decode it and will the end result be HD?

Many Thanks

Jonwah

innerscape

Hi
Apple do not support blu-ray, however after editing your HD films on imovie you can create an .mov file using quicktime, with this file you can use Toast Titanium to create blu-ray discs, using normal DVDs (Up to 40-50 mins long)

Pop your disc into your blu-ray player, bingo, HD home movies.

rjmehra

Standard Member
Totally depends on budget.

A company I work with just bought some Sony HDR-XR500 camcorders on my advice and LOVE them.
They are AVHCD Full 1080P and have 120GB hard drives. Plenty of creative features (manual focus wheel, hot shoe for decent microphones, GPS positioning thingy etc...), and easy to use.
They work perfectly with imovie for regular DVDs or HD youtube etc...

For some silly reason Apple don't believe in blu-ray. (And in my opinion they don't believe in customer service either! But that's another story)

best

-R

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom