What cabling to run in new build house?

scooter7475

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
It's been a while since I have used the forum, but always found it to be a great source of knowledge and advice (hence the reason for coming back!)
Anyway, I am building a new build house which will be ready around March next year.
I was looking for some advice as to what cabling to run as I have the chance to get it all run inside the walls during the build.
I have heard people mentioning conduits / trunking for pulling future cables ? How is this done ?
Also what cabling should I be looking to put in.
My setup would be main TV in lounge (still to purchase but will probably go for a 4K - is this the right choice?), then I will have another TV in the family room and possibly another in the kids playroom.
My kids are still too young for TV's in their bedrooms, but no doubt they will want them in the future, so I would like to have some cabling already there which I can have hidden behind a blank plate or something on the wall. This way when I stick a TV on the wall, the cabling is already there.
Not sure of exact lengths of cables required, but some of them may be quite long.
I have used a HDMI to CAT5 convertor and CAT 5 cables bewteen my current SKY BOX and TV in rear family room which I installed about 5 yrs ago. Would I use something similar for the new build or is there better newer tech out there which i should look at.
Ideally I would like my SKY Box etc to be in the cupboard in the hall so I would also need some kind of IR transmitter / emitter setup for changing channels.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am a bit of a novice in this area. Has anyone done something similar recently.

Apologies for the long winded mail :)

necro thread, sry

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom