What Cables?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by MINUS28, Feb 4, 2009.

1. MINUS28

MINUS28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    D-DAY - receiving panny pz80b today. I'm not too clued up on technology. Can I ask, which cables do I need to connect my Sky + box to plasma? I have a ps3 and an unused hdmi cable for that....I take it I only need the hdmi to connect it to TV? Is it simply a case of another hdmi for sky or do I need s-video or something?

Appreciate some advice :)

2. andy1249

andy1249
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,654
    With a normal sky + box ( not HD that is ) your best option is Scart and make sure that RGB is turned on in the Sky picture setup menu.

For the PS3 HDMI is the best way to go. If you have been using your PS3 on Scart till now , you will have to re-set the PS3. To do this , have the PS3 connected via HDMI to the TV , have the TV on the correct HDMI input and switched on , and then turn on the PS3 but hold down the power button for about 10 seconds , the PS3 will then walk you through the setup.

If you dont do that , the PS3 wont work , as you cant have it output video on both the analog and digital connections at the same time.

3. The Chief

The Chief
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic post. I will also be following these instrcutions as my TV was delivered last night. \o/

4. MINUS28

MINUS28
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Fantastic Andy, cheers for your help :)