What Cables - Help!!!!

R

recoil101uk

Hi all,

Need a v quick bit of help. The wife has agreed to me having a plasma, now we are redecorating the lounge at the moment and the plasterer is coming in on Thursday. I need to get the cables in place before then.... However I am very new to all this and havent even decided on which plasma yet :eek: So basically what cables do I need to run up the wall ready for the plasma to be hung?

Obvioulsy power but what else, I will be connecting the cable TV box, DVD, Video and PS2 and then a PS3 when its available...

Thanks in advance

if you havnt got an av amp that you could feed everything into and then one or two cables from the amp to the plasma then you are going to have alot of cables running from your source equipment to the plasma unfortunately.

I would run a HDMI cable, you can fit DVI-D adapters on the ends depending on what you get. You will need to confirm which amp you are getting, if any, as you may need to run a couple of SCARTs plus the video leads for you PS2 and PS3, by the way the PS3 will use HDMI, make sure you plasma has HDMI or DVI-D or DVI-I and its HDCP compatabile.

Some A/V amps can upconvert analogue video to HDMI so you can see ho important it is.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom