1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What cables do you use to connect your AV setup?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by jian, Oct 10, 2002.

1. jian

jian

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I just replaced a Lektropacks SVHS cable to the IXOS equivalent and was amazed by the difference, it was well worth the £25 I paid for it.

I now need another cable for my Toshiba SD9000 and was wondering whether there was an even better cable out there (SVHS).

I also need a pair of analogue audio interconnects, any suggestions?

2. juboy

juboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After literally years of buying and swapping out various cables, the best solution interms of cost vs. perceived benefits are as follows:

Coaxial digital cable - Ecosse The Producer (oddly, a relatively cheap cable).
    VCR/SKY analogue interconnects - Ecosse The Composer (again, comparatively cheap)
    RGB SCART lead - Supra AV6

I have only ever used one type of component cable, the Supra AV3, but they work excellently as far as I can see.

If you're after cheap-ish but high performing stereo interconnects (and I can't really see the point of spending TOO much for hooking up the average VCR) then The Composer is a £29 pound, decent solution.

3. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    QED and Ixos are two good mid-range brands of interconnects.