1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What cable will allow component from xbox to projector?

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Sun, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Allo,

I did a search but couldn't find a specific answer soooo can anyone tell me what cable I will need for my xbox which has component connections so I can output to my projector? If i can get one with an optical out for my amp it would be cool.

I've seen this one but was unsure whether it was what I needed, there not much detail on it and I didn't want to assume those 3 visible connections were component.

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/.../ref/64/xbox-advance-scart-cable/display.html

Cheers :)

2. buzlightyear

buzlightyear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +116
    From what i remember of that lead they are just standard plugs, Video Sound L/R. Im guessing you have the Xbox Hi Def box right?

3. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    allo, i don't have a hidef kit, no. Surely I don't need one to simply output to a projector?

4. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    One of these http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2b-70-1ce.html should do the trick. Not the cheapest of cables but quite a few of the cheaper component video cables dont offer the optical out that this one has. Alternativly if you dont mind modding your x box you could add a digital co ax out put to it (do a web search, I managed to find it) and just use one of the (far) cheaper component cables available as I do with my projector.

5. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought that this cable Official Hi-Def Cable only worked with modded xbox's, so unless Sun has a modded xbox it won't work. So he would need to get one of these Component Xbox Cable which unfortunately is out of stock but im sure it must be available elsewhere.

6. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    thanks for both of those links guys, I can confirm I don't have a hidef kit / modded xbox, that can be a project for another day. I do just want to hook it up to my projector, I notice the play-asia connector says no suitable for PAL, with this in mind should I be going for the one from the whitedog?

Cheers

7. Pantastic

Pantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just to let you know I received my official hi-def xbox cable form lik sang yesterday and I have the panny AE100 PJ. Connected it last night and it works fine via component, all I need now is to get my xbox chipped and then I can enable hi-definintion on the xbox.

:)

8. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of these, can't fault it in anyway, delivered within 48 hours as well

Connector

9. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    Sun, i'd go for the one animal has posted a link to. remember to get a decent quailty component cable to go with it thou.

10. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks for the further help chaps, good to have a range of options.

Pantastic, am I right in thinking that you have bought an official hi-def xbox kit despite not having a chipped xbox (you have a UK PAL one?) and you can still use the component output to your projector just fine? If that's the case I might as well go with that incase I do go hidef in the future, what was the price from Lik San? Was it this one Advanced AV Cable as it doesn't mention anything about HiDef but is ok for UK xbox's but the actual HiDef Cable says US & Jap xbox's only. :confused:

Philthyanimal - you don't find any degradation in quality putting your signal thorugh that device do you?

11. Pantastic

Pantastic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sun

Yes I bought the offical xbox hi-def kit and I have a PAL xbox. The price works out @

Total: US$38.90 inc P&P (APPROX £21)

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=83&products_id=1742&

and it works a treat.....All I need now is to chip my xbox and hi definition can be enabled, without the official hi-def kit you're taking a chance if your xbox will display hi-def.

Get the lik sang one, for the money it's cheap compared to my Gamecube component set which was over £30 :eek:

12. Sun

Sun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    thanks pantastic, I've ordered one from Lik Sang now, I can't wait to have a 78" image of Top Spin!

Cheers