What cable to run - Multiple Subwoofer locations. Unterminataed cable?

Harkon321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I need to run 5 subwoofer cables whilst the walls are unfinished. Long awkward runs 8-10m each. Two for family living/kitchen area to give (2 options for sub placement) and then three for cinema room locations.

What should I run in the walls? I know to keep away from mains power etc.

Can I buy un-terminated cable and then terminate myself, possibly in to wall plates?

Yes you can but it’s easier to run terminated into brush plates, then tuck the cables you are not using back into the back box.

Agree with Mushi that unless soldering on RCA is ‘your thing’ it is simpler to install terminated cables and leave them in the wall with a Brush plate covering the Exit.

We use/supply long VanDamme RCA cables - they can be built to any length and supplied in a range of colours to sit decor/ease identification.

Joe

If I ended up fitting an in wall passive sub instead of a active stand alone, am I right in thinking the RCA cable goes to the external amplifier and then speaker cable from that to the in wall sub?

akkrozs2 - what are you looking for in an alternative to the VanDamme 'instrument' cable?

Harkon321 - Yes, Pre-Processor > Power Amp (RCA 2 RCA) > Power Amp to Passive Sub (Loudspeaker cable).

Joe

Cheers Joe. I thought that was the case but much rather check.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom