What cable lengths can I have & dvd advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by lennyg, Nov 25, 2003.

1. lennyg

lennyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just ordered my panasonic PA20 from JL (V good deal, Th42PA20 & wall bracket & 5yr warranty £3200 !) arriving Saturday and now have to work out how to cable it.

Ideally I don't want the Sky or Tivo on display, but the cable run is likely to be +7 Metres to place them behind the sofa. One option I have is to put them in the bedroom above, but I would need an IR controller that would work them( which i cannot source at the moment). The benefit of this would be the cable run would only be 2M. Is there any discernible loss of quality over 7 - 10 Metres?

I also need advice on a half decent aesthetically looking DVD surround system (£300 ish) to replace the Tesco £37 special which has done the job for the past 6 months.

Any help appreciated

2. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    All my video cables are 10 metres long and I can't say I notice any quality problems but I have not compared directly with shorter cables. I just ensured I got quality cables (got all mine from Lektropacks as they do custom lengths). Got a 5m power cable and a decent shielded 10 metre VGA cable from somewhere else on the web.