What cable do i need to connect my xbox to my router??

Ran1gers2001

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone help??

I think i need Cat 5Patch Cable RJ45. Is this right?

Where is cheapest place to get this?

make sure you get the right type though

1 being crossover which is the norm
2 being the stright connection

this all depends on the router you have

i thought it was usually straight for XB Live and X-over for linking two together. My router is a d-link DI-614+ so i'll have a look.

I use a Cross connect but this is using a moden router which may be different
to a seperate router

Ran1gers2001 said:
i thought it was usually straight for XB Live and X-over for linking two together. My router is a d-link DI-614+ so i'll have a look.
The good thing with the 614+ is that you can use both types of cables, the router will configure either cable correctly. But normally if you stick with straight through (aka patch cable) you wont have a problem. :smashin:

I think i need Cat 5Patch Cable RJ45. Is this right?

Correct

Its normally straight to a router (Unless its an old router that cant remap the ports). Cross over to a computer, network device or another xbox for link play. Maplins sell a cross over adapter for £2 odd. You can then use your cable as either :) (This is what I use)

Unless you need a long cable Maplins will be as good (and as cheap) as anywhere. Ebay is a good option if you need a long cable, I have seen good length ones going cheap on there.

Cheers guys :smashin:

Tech support told me I could use any but i stuck with a straight through. Was a long cable needed so i got it from ebay.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom