1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What budget ish speakers for my Denon 1603 (Beginners Q)

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by maxb_1236, Nov 20, 2003.

1. maxb_1236

maxb_1236

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I've just bought a Denon AVR 1603, and am looking for a suitable set of speakers.

I am on quite a tight budget, and I know that this is a fairly modest amp, so I would appreciate any advice on what sort of budget speakers would compliment this amp.

So far I've been looking at KEF CRESTA 30 fronts with a Cresta 20C center. I also like the look of the Kef Q3 fronts, but I cant really afford the matching center (I gather from looking round here that its important the center speaker compliments the fronts) on my budget - are there any other centers that would go with the Q3's?

As for rears I have no idea, but I'm looking for something in the same sort of league - is it as important that the rear's match up to the rest of the system?

I have looked at Eltax system's but I've read (somewhere I think!) that they struggle with music and I will probably be using the system for music about 50% of the time.

I realise there are many similar posts to this on this forum (which I've tried to read up on), and many begginers guides on the subject, but I would really appreciate your personal opinions.

Thanks in advance

Max

PS
    Thanks to superfi for the great service with my amp!

2. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Depends what your price range is..
    I've picked up Eltax Millenium 500, real beasts! for £150 which for the money are a bargain.
    Maybe if you use your setup for music quite alot better to build up your system...such as start with the good fronts you like, (Make sure of a demo if pos. though) then save up more for more speakers rather than getting a quick fix full 5.1.
    If you present a budget it would help us...