What budget dvd with built in decoder?

Molly

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have an old dolby pro logic amp with the correct inputs for 5.1 from a dvd player with a decoder.

What are your recommendations for a budget deck? I don't require component out but RGB from a scart.

Thanks

One of the best recommended players is the Sony DVPNS700. This player has come down in price in recent months mainly due to the release of the 705. If you do a search on the internet, you should be able to pick a up a multiregion for under £200. This is the first player I have owned and have it hooked up to an old pro logic amp. Definately a good budget machine with a performance that matches dearer players. It has the added bonus of playing SACD if you're in to that kind of thing. Also plays CDR, CDRW, VCD and SVCD. It may also play DVDR and DVDRW but I've never tried.
Hope this is of some help.
P.S. You could try one of the Philips or LG models too. Not sure about the model numbers but there are a few with 5.1 input and built in decoders. Someone else may point you in the right direction regarding these models.

Originally posted by Molly
I have an old dolby pro logic amp with the correct inputs for 5.1 from a dvd player with a decoder.

What are your recommendations for a budget deck? I don't require component out but RGB from a scart.

Thanks

I'm not too sure of what your budget is... but this is food for thought: you may want to consider buying something like the Toshiba SD-520 which has a built in Dolby Digital / DTS and DVD-Audio decoder. Or soemthing similar, I not too sure of what machines have a dual decoder onbaord that are cheap i.e. sub £250....

I know that this machine/type of machines are a tad over £200 (usually closer to £350!!), but considering it will save you £££ on a new amp/speaker setup and get you into the forefront of the market without "really" breaking the bank it is something to consider IMO.

:devil: PS it has RGB out , Component Video with Progressive scan (NTSC) and is gorgeous!!

Thanks for the replies.

I've purchased the Sony 725 player from the classified forum.

It seems to have a good review and a bargain at £95.00.

Can't wait for the post Alllan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom