1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What [Budget] DVD Player.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Fluffy, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Fluffy

Fluffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What DVD player would be a winner in the GBP 100.00 region..?!

It should be able to:

- read all sorts of CD-R/RW
    - play DVD-R/RW
    - play MP3 CD's
    - Multi-Region [out the box or with RemoteControl hack]
    - be PAL & NTSC compatible
    - have 5.1 decoding
    - and have of course a decent picture and sound.

Never bought a DVD before, tried to locate a portable one with the above specs, but does not appear to exist ath present. So i am looking at getting a budget in the meantime, till someone produces a portable with the above specs.
    Been looking at the Yelo 800, and a player by the name of 'Mico' (?)...

ANYONE..?!

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Are you really being realistic wanting all this for £100. Why don't you trim the list down (do you need 5.1 decoding, why do want DVD-R/RW) and push the budget a bit. It might get you a much better player. Much on you list isn't very relevant for general DVD use.

What is the other kit you use it with?

3. steev

steev
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Acoustic Solutions 551 I have does just about all that for £120. There's a cheaper version without the 5.1 outputs. Check out the DVD list at www.vcdhelp.com. They list what each player will do.

Steve

4. Whatts

Whatts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure but doesn't the Reoc A3 have all this?
    I read a review in Home Entertainment but I'm at work now and my copy of HE is at home...

- Tom -

5. Fluffy

Fluffy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...the thing about all these feature is, that I am going to mailny use this DVD machine for testing disks, that I have made [using Apple G4 with Pioneer A03 Super drive]. Hence it would be nice, if I could get as many formats included as possible.
    Having worked with various Audio/Visual equipment in the past, I also appreciate a variety of IN/OUTPUTS. The 5.1 decoding is not that important though...

However if the player supports multiple angles, and MP3 and some other nifty things the better...

>;-)

6. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    5.1 decoding is only important if you have a prologic amp with 5.1 channel inputs. Otherwise, you don't need it.

7. SignalMan

SignalMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    NAIKO, DVD/SVCD/VCD/CDMP3 Player £99 at my local CO-OP or at Macro later this month for the around same price. This machine is easy to set to muti region and Macro disabled (I have'nt found a DVD it won't copy (personal back-up))