1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What budget dvd player should i get?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ice_cool, Oct 9, 2001.

1. ice_cool

ice_cool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need help in choosing a budget dvd player!

I have read lots of reviews for budget players and have narrowed my search down to three:

Cyberhome 528 £110
    Mico Celo 80 £190
    Yelo 800 £200

Each of the reviews has good and bad points for each dvd player! The cyberhome states it is basically the same as the mico, but cheaper, yet the build quality of the cberhome makes the whole thing vibrate! The yelo seems to be the clear winner, but it is the most expensive.
    My requirements are really for a good mp3 dvd player that has RGB scart and is multiregion and RCE compatable. These all have them, but the yelo has the ability to disabel macrovision? Is this the thing that stops you making copies of dvds?

Help!!!! If you know which one i should go for and the REAL pro and cons then please help!!

thanks

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My advise: spend a bit more and get a branded player, too many problems with those 'no-name' brands that in the end you won't be satisfied but saved GBP50 only ....