what broke my TV?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by crazyzed, Sep 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. crazyzed

crazyzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a SAMSUNG LE-40M86BD and plugged it into my computer (DVI-HDMI), and it all worked fine for about 30min but then the screen turned into bizarre colors and lines. See the picture. I couldn't even see the menus. I tried to unplug all connections but even then there were these colors, so obviously there was something wrong with the TV. Anyway I sent it back, and now I'm waiting for the new one to arrive. But now I'm afraid to connect it to my computer, could the computer have destroyed the TV with wrong settings or something or was this just a flaw with the TV ? What do you think? I was also vacuuming quite near the TV at the time when it broke, are LCD-TVs sensitive to electric fields? :S

[​IMG]

2. Lucky067

Lucky067

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    try different graphic card if you have any spare and see if it work ok - which card do you use? I used Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX XXX 768MB with DVI-D to HDMI 1.3 cable into HDMI 2 -- so that it could be either card or tv faulty..

refersh rate is 60mhz -- I used 1920x1080 @ 60mhz

3. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    MY first thought was graphic card memory fault, I had an ati card go or look similar on screen when the memory failed, any ways could i ask that you resize the picture, not everyone has super fast BB we have to consider slowdem users.

Curly

4. crazyzed

crazyzed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys remeber that the even when I unplugged the computer from the TV and "restarted" the TV, the picture was still faulty and I couldn't read the text on the TV-menus. So the question is, did the computer brake the TV permanently, cus I doubt that changes to my computer could have fixed the picture on the TV... or???