What Brexit Deal would be acceptable to you?

in regard to parlement obeying a referendum I think you should first read the law on referenda.
The parliament represents the people at all times, with a referendum the people only advice the parliament on the sentiment of the day. And sometimes the MP's are smarter.

So, by that logic do you think MP's would have overturned a referendum on Scottish independence in 2011 had they have voted to leave the Union?

Hi,

A preferential deal that would be acceptable to me is a FTA. However, the EU has shown it has no intention of offering such a trade deal unless it incorporates the UK staying inside the CU and/or SM. That's the EU's idea of a FTA, not mine personally. They recently admitted that due to geographical location and the fact the UK is the top fifth/sixth economy in the world, they wouldn't allow such agreement in the scope of a Canada type deal, unless they could control vast swathes of the UK's economy via regulatory control and justification. It's clear, that their idea of a deal and the Brexiteers idea of a deal are contrary; as the EU want the UK controlled within its economic and political sphere of influence with the added bonus that 'Perfidious Albion' doesn't get the chance to drag its heels and vote down any future measures that entail 'ever closer union'.

Given that a truly FTA isn't available from a Brexiteers viewpoint, then I have to logically conclude as with the 'rule of law' that a no deal Brexit is the next logical and preferable deal that is acceptable to me, as per the democratic principle of the referendum.

Isn’t leaving the EU (membership) and an FTA two different things?

We can’t sign an FTA until we’re no longer members.

Isn’t leaving the EU (membership) and an FTA two different things?

We can’t sign an FTA until we’re no longer members.

Quite right.

The 'deal' we're currently talking about is the transitional deal from EU member to non-EU member.

A deal that totally subordinates the UK and one in which Verhofstadt openly bragged about making the UK a colony.

Quite right.

The 'deal' we're currently talking about is the transitional deal from EU member to non-EU member.

A deal that totally subordinates the UK and one in which Verhofstadt openly bragged about making the UK a colony.

So they’re two different things then.

Yes. As my last paragraph in the initial quote infers with the conclusion of a no deal Brexit.

You said an FTA isn’t available from a Brexiteers viewpoint, so you’d accept a no deal Brexit. The long term plan is an FTA is signed, leaving is the interim deal/no deal situation.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom