What brand are officially recognised as being the best LCDs

J

jimbobsam07

I've always purchased Samsungs and am scared in a sense to try something else. What are considered to be the best?

I know people are brand loyal but I'm just interested in knowing for future reference.

The Captain

The best are usually Sony & Panasonic, depends on personal taste. I always used to be a Sony man, now have bought the 32lxd70 - great tv.

Keiron

Where do Logik stand in the great scheme of things?

I was in Currys the other day, just trying to reassure myself that my CRT is still the thing to beat! Amongst the seemingly hundreds of sets in there (all connected up via component playing what I assume is Currys' own hi-def promo) there were only 2 sets I saw that I could happily live with. One was a 37" Panasonic plasma, and the other was a Logik 37LW427 LCD (1080p). The picture was - and I've slagged off LCD on these forums just in the last few days - very good indeed. The salesboy, for what it's worth, also pointed out quite independently from me that he thought it was the best picture in the shop. And very stylish looking it was too.

I can't find out anything about this brand, though someone in the office has a Logik DAB. Is it only sold through Currys? Can anyone shed any light?

MrLOL

Point 1) How will there ever be an "official" best brand. For it to be official there would have to be some kind of industry recognised body, which there isnt and never will be

point 2) there is no 'best brand' TV manufacturers lineups change every 6 months or so, which TV is best is constantly changing as manufacturers release new lineups

If there is any kind of rank, its basically the established brands > the rest

By Established Brands, i mean LG,Samsung,Toshiba, Sony, Panasonic, Phillips

they are big players in the LCD market.

MrLOL

not that good. They are an OEM brand of the DSG group (currys/dixons/pc world) and its effectively their own brand

I say OEM as obviously they dont make them, they just source them from all over the place and sell them under the logik name only in their stores

with regards them looking the best, dont be so sure. Currys/Dixons are notorious for feeding the best pictures to the TVs they want to sell and feeding crap signals to the rest.

andyUK101

not that good. They are an OEM brand of the DSG group (currys/dixons/pc world) and its effectively their own brand

I say OEM as obviously they dont make them, they just source them from all over the place and sell them under the logik name only in their stores

with regards them looking the best, dont be so sure. Currys/Dixons are notorious for feeding the best pictures to the TVs they want to sell and feeding crap signals to the rest.

I think you are giving them entirely too much credit here, they will generally sell the TV that makes the highest margin and that isnt a logik/matsui OEM model

Look at the prices in store for the Samsung and Sony models and compare it to Dixons.co.uk which gets its stock from the same place and youll get an idea of how much the store makes

rondha

I've always purchased Samsungs and am scared in a sense to try something else. What are considered to be the best?

I know people are brand loyal but I'm just interested in knowing for future reference.

None the best.

(I am no fanatics or quasy loyal).

I got Sony V2500 that the Halo problem apparently very annoying.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360101
I though it would be okay it would be minor, until it arrived and I compared to my (ex) Toshiba 1080p, the Tosh is better in PQ.
The Halo is obvious on any boundary between bright and dark area creating faint ghosting or double contour lines.

The 50Hz LCD tends to be blurry on fast movement (sports or gaming).
I read about WLT68 100Hz (756) Tosh with frame insertion technology, it was released the same time with 1080p WLT66. I've seen WLT68 performed in JL side by side with plasma and IMO it was brighter than plasmas. But it's not without it's own problem.

If Sony and Samsung have joint production in LCD, I don't know if they have the same "picture processor" (so everything on the tVs are the same), or is the joint only on the production of LCD (liquid cristal display) matrix not the processor?
(could anyone enlighten me about this)

_

K

Kamgusta

I have a Sony LCD and a Panasonic PDP.

Sony and Panasonic are the highest quality.
Hey sir, you missed the correct order for the sentences...

I think does not exist "the best manufacturer of all", but exists "the best tv of all".
I wouldn't try to put a Sony U serie next to a LG LB2R :rolleyes:

Z

zim_zimmer

Logik products are actually manufactured by Sony. I was looking to buy a Logik PVR not so long ago and it stated on their website their goods were manufactured by Sony

Tezab_42

Standard Member
I have a Toshiba 32WLT66 and love it! I hunted for months and personally think no other 32" panel can touch it
:clap: Toshiba gets my vote :clap:

Koala

None the best.

(I am no fanatics or quasy loyal).

I got Sony V2500 that the Halo problem apparently very annoying.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360101
I though it would be okay it would be minor, until it arrived and I compared to my (ex) Toshiba 1080p, the Tosh is better in PQ.
The Halo is obvious on any boundary between bright and dark area creating faint ghosting or double contour lines.

The 50Hz LCD tends to be blurry on fast movement (sports or gaming).
I read about WLT68 100Hz (756) Tosh with frame insertion technology, it was released the same time with 1080p WLT66. I've seen WLT68 performed in JL side by side with plasma and IMO it was brighter than plasmas. But it's not without it's own problem.

If Sony and Samsung have joint production in LCD, I don't know if they have the same "picture processor" (so everything on the tVs are the same), or is the joint only on the production of LCD (liquid cristal display) matrix not the processor?
(could anyone enlighten me about this)

_

Yep It's just the panel which is a joint venture, the processing is completely different, BTW I have a V2500 and am extemely happy with it! my brother did come in and stuck his nose about 8 inches from the screen and started picking fault and I remarked that I dont watch TV in that position because it tends to give me a back ache!! lol:rotfl: Joking aside I was quiet worried when I ordered after all the negative comments, but have always been a Sony fan and was pleasantly supprised when it arrived. :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom